Should I start this entry “self-contented” or “self-pitying”?
The intonation of my blog-of-the-week depends a lot on my feeling when writing it, not on the week as a whole. This time, it takes me 3 hours to decide. My current mood is quite bad, and I have written 3 paragraphs describing how cruel has the world been to me, till I realized that I am exaggerating and my week isn’t that bad after all.
So let me scraped off all the bad things and start new :p
All in all, it has been a sweet short week. Except for some unexpected leave from my colleagues, everything else has been fine. I got more things to do, which in line with getting more things to learn and appreciate.
With regard to the side project from graduate training program, we managed to schedule our meeting on Thursday. I don’t know why, but things never go smooth when I worried too much about it. Only when the meeting had been confirmed, one of my team members said that he can’t make it. It took some time trying to request for other slot before finally deciding to stick to the original schedule, Thursday 10.30. On the Thursday itself… oh, what a mess.
I woke up a bit late, reaching office just in time for doing my daily operations routine, minus the breakfast time. I was thinking of having my cereal just after the morning work, but then… the system decided to go down for the first time on that day, causing panic to my whole team, and I needed to manually input whatever is done by the system. Quite a lot of work, I’m not kidding you. Together with the fact that one of the main team member is on leave, bad mood started to come my way.
As expected, I didn’t manage to finish what I supposed to do; I apologized to my team member, and went for the meeting. I waited for around 5 minutes for my friend at lobby, run all the way to the meeting place, and late for my first meeting. And oh, I didn’t have my breakfast. Bad mood ++ again ^^; (note: I always feel that this is the bad side of working with gals, they are emotional! don’t they?)
The meeting was overrun, but it was really a meaningful meeting. I can’t wish for a better sponsor. Really. I packed back Malay food, and had a great 2 hours lunch at pantry, which leave me with guilty feeling at the end of the meal.
So, I work myself until 11.30 on that day. I was the last person to leave the office (the second last leave before 9pm) and I can’t resist from taking some pictures of my current seat while no one is around (hope that I am not breaking any law)

My really-open cubicle @ ORQ
Next day is the Labor Day, as well as my brother’s birthday. Happy Birthday, my dearest brother! :) When I called, he said that he was not working on that day too, not because of the Labor Day, but there is a policy in his company that everyone gets a leave during their birthday. How cool is that!
I went to Johor Bahru on that day. My first experience at JB, after almost 5 years in Singapore. With the fact that it took less than an hour and a dollar to go, I shouldn’t have to wait that long. Thanks so much Fendi for being our Dad of the day: paying all of our expenses upfront. Hahaha.. I myself felt that I have a great time there, minus the embarking time when I was almost breathless inside of the hot jammed cramped bus. We shopped around City Square, and had a refreshing walk at the side of Danga Bay. The food experience was good, despite the fact that we haven’t hit the famous Chinese seafood yet. Maybe next time ;) We have our illegal 5 person in a taxi, twice! And the driver did it for RM12. Believe that I can never experience it in Singapore. haha..

Three Gals @ Danga Bay
Anyway, one thing that astonished me: Bahasa Indonesia is useless at JB! There were so many times that we simply gave up of asking what we want and accepted whatever come when ordering food. However, again (as a pretty emotional gal), I reached my level of tolerance during the dinner.
1. We ordered a set meal from the menu, but the waiter said they don’t have it and asked us to order ala carte only. Lucky Fendi went to ask the boss, and he said that they indeed have the set meal. So we ordered set meal in the end. Annoyed level: 2
2. We ordered Sotong Bakar RM 10, and the waiter said that the Bakar is not available yet. Only the Sambal is there, so we ordered Sambal. Annoyed level: 4
3. We ordered coconut drink, and five minutes later, the waiter came back and said that they run out of coconut. Annoyed level: 6
4. The waiter asked us to get and weight the fish that we want, despite all the time we have told her that we’re ordering from set meal. Annoyed level: 10
5. As Jess felt like having Sotong Bakar and some time have elapsed since the order time (due to all the misunderstanding), I approached the waiter and request if we can change from Sotong Sambal to Sotong Bakar. She said ok. Annoyed level: down to 8
6. Our first order, fried fish, arrived, but the rice wasn't served yet! Annoyed level: 9
7. Our chicken arrived, but not fried as stated in menu, and it was still raw!! Annoyed level: 11.
8. The Sotong arrived. And it’s Sambal, not Bakar =.=’ I was speechless, but the other said that it’s alright. It came with prawn too, which we didn’t order. Annoyed level: 12!
9. And after all the food and relaxing conversation, when we wanted to pay, the sotong cost RM 15 instead of the RM10 that we requested. I was already really ready to shot the waiter, but all the other quickly pull me back. Tell me, is it really only me that is too emotional? The rest seems to easily let it go :( I feel bad myself.
10. After we walked off, I just remember that they didn’t serve us the fruit, which were included inside the set menu.
That was one of the experiences at Johor. The rest wasn’t that bad, really. The food is nice, the cloths are cheap, and the environment is good, just that I have some cultural shock. If I’m visiting it again, I will make sure that I set my expectation right :)

IPA - 1 Small Reunion @ Johor Bahru
On Saturday, I slept until 1.30pm and shocked with myself. I did some home cleaning, went swimming, and watched Fast and Furious to end the day. It was such a short day ^^;
On Sunday, I woke up earlier, do some jogging, some swimming, some washing, and then relax for the rest of the day. I did some self reflection too; trying to understand myself better… why am I paying so much attention to detail but tends to ignore the big problem ahead? Why I like to pin point every single mistake of a person?
Think that I learn a lot more about myself this year :) Can’t believe that I have written so long =.=’ Time to go and do other things =D
Bad mood no more,
ED
2 comments:
glad that you liked JB... but hope the food experience is better next time. ^^
Haha.. hv u been there often? recommend some food if u know! :p
I am thinking of going on the next long weekend.... which will be.. oh no.. November T_T
Post a Comment