Sunday, November 08, 2009

Yeah...

Once upon a time, there are two coworkers in the office…

One is a happy soul, who is satisfied with what he has, passionate of what he is doing, treasured his work, and has a good work – life balance.

Another is a challenger soul, who is always looking for opportunities, ready and often goes the extra mile (a.k.a OT) to get things done, and have a big curiosity to stuff beyond his scope of work.

The question is…

Which type of person are you? And are you ever satisfied with your type?

I heard so often of the argument between these two leagues. When you’re happy with what you’re doing, people will poke and say that you’re stagnant and not enhancing with your career life. When you go the extra mile, people will say that you’re workaholic, busybody who wants to know beyond what is required, and have no life except work.

It’s just impossible to satisfy all the different perspectives. But seriously… I’m getting too comfortable being in the first zone. I often questioned myself of how far should I go in pursuing the latter zone. I realized that once I’m in the latter zone, I’m married to my work, people set that high expectation of me, and I have little chance to turn back to the first…

By all means, I need enlightment.
ED

No comments: