We finally settled for 2.6K, 3 + 1 @ Block 52 Strathmore. It’s almost 10 mins walk from MRT, but I must say that the current tenant really take good care of the home. It’s really clean and giving the homey feeling. We heard about the flat only on Sat afternoon, when the agent suddenly called and offered to view the flat.
The pushy agent was telling me that the viewing offer only valid until 6pm, and it was 4pm when he called. Lucky him (or me) that I was just sitting idle at that moment…. I then decided to go out for viewing… since it’s just nice to go for dinner to later on.
So my flatmates and I went to view the flat. The flat is surprisingly… good. Not exclusive, not ‘wow’, but…. It just has everything that we need. The comfortable master room, the two nicely sized common rooms, the two mediocre bathrooms, and well-taken care kitchen and living room. The only concern is… what else if not the price T_T The opening price from the mediator is 2.6K, for first June moving. And so that’s our closing deal. She didn’t budge for negotiation, even a bit. Huh. And we’re interviewed like we are four swindlers trying to win the house. Where do you work at? What line? What is your company name? blablabla… once again, owners these days are too much!!

My soon-to-be bedroom :)
Anyway, we left with last offer on 2.5K moving in 1st June. After agreement from others, we amended our offer to 2.6K moving in 15th June. And you know the ending.
It’s not that the flat is really what we expected in term of budget, but I guess we’re all already saturated after so many viewings (Redhill, middle-of-nowhere, Commonwealth, then Queenstown), and ready to put this search to an halt next week if we’re still unable to find an agreement. So this flat was really coming as our last hope.
Sunday was really a tiring day in trying to really get confirmation of the flat. Fortunate that we’re having fun before that, lunching with SCE group… after so long! We were lunching at Royal China, Raffles. Trust me, the dimsum is nyummy! After the sumptuous lunch, we went to play “I’m the boss” at the Mind Café, Funan. It was the game we played alot back in NTU... where we can lend board games for free. The game was fun, especially when you played with people who are expert in sales and allying. Me who against allying, finally come last… T_T hahaha..

Group Pic after the great lunch @ Royal China. Happy Birthday Shen Nan!

I'm the Boss - reminded me so much of NTU!
Ok, it’s almost 12 now… I didn’t have time to watch any movie this week :( in the middle of CJ7, which I might finish next week. The alien dog is really cute!
2 more weeks to mum and dad!
ED
2 more weeks to mum and dad!
ED
No comments:
Post a Comment