So it was a 2 days business trip. Sunday night as I reached the hotel, I unpacked my stuff happily… didn’t realizing that I have to pack all back on the very next day!
It was a team building day on Monday. There are almost 50 of us in a room, and we’re supposed to know each other at the end of the day. The instructors were quite good. Sometimes we’re asked to gather with people we know the most and share our weakness, and sometimes we have to introduce ourselves to people without picking anything related to work. It was a nice icebreaker session. I didn’t blame it to the instructor when I still didn’t get lots of name at the end of the day… my recognition capability is just somehow behind average :(
The session ended at 6pm. I went back to hotel, consolidating the feedback, day activities, pictures, and sending them to the entire participants. The work didn’t stop there. To the fact that I hardly been in office for the week, I had a whole week of backlog emails to finish. By the time I was done, it was almost 2am, which is 4.30 am in Singapore T_T After packing my stuff; I went for 4 hours sleep.
Tuesday was a tougher day for me. I was assigned as a time keeper and minutes taker. Everyone was given half an hour to talk, but almost all stretched to two hours each. I was really clueless on how they want me to be a time keeper. The most I can do is to keep reminding them that we’re half an hour, hour, two hour, three hour, behind schedule… but the discussion is going on anyway ^^;
After all the stretched, we managed to squeeze the last presenters and finished at 7pm sharp. I would love to take more pictures, but I had to packed and left fast, as there was a flight to catch at 11pm. I reached Benguluru Airport at around 9pm, and had some nice time eating instant noodle with the other team members in the business lounge. The flight itself was good, I watched an Indian movie “Karthik calling Karthik” and regretted it. It supposed to be a romantic movie! But turned out to be a psycho movie T_T I can hardly sleep afterwards…
We touched down in Singapore around 6.15am. I stopped at the Duty Free shop for 15 mins, but can’t figure out what to buy. The liquor I get last year for myself is still in the fridge. In the end I left empty handed. I reached back home at around 7am, finished my work writing the action points until around 9am, then slept for 4 hours and back to office at 2pm.
It was really tiring to be in the office after a flight. Thanks god there were nothing much to do as almost all my team members are still in India. I left early and felt better when coming back on Wed. The rest of the days of the weeks went fine.. where I’m settling down with my work and my bosses are overloaded with his work. I bet the residue will get to me by next week T_T
Weekend was good :) I finally went to IKEA for lunch on Saturday. I like the design & food there. It was so European style! I had the famous meatball spaghetti before going for the GSS items hunting. We started with Queensway Shopping Center and ended in 313 Somerset. There was no sign of flood at all in Orchard. After a dinner, we paid a visit to Boly’s mum at Mt. Elizabeth hospital. Take care, auntie. You will be well in no time! From the hospital, we went home and catch a home cinema “The Bounty Hunter”. Jennifer Aniston is still as hot as ever.
Sunday, I spent half my day in bed. I woke up at 12pm remembering that I haven’t called my parents. As expected, I got yet another lecture from my father for wandering alone in India. After a long lecture, I went for lunch and back with an ice cream and rotund belly. Next, I formatted my dear laptop, for it had shown the sign of dying couple of weeks now. Things are better after formatting, but the slowness remains :( Not sure how long will it survive with me…
After dinner, I spent my usual time writing mails and playing games. Talking about games, there was a research saying that people playing bejeweled-type game has better IQ than people playing pet society-type game. Too bad I’m on the latter category.
I would like to close my post today introducing an amazing iPhone app call Shazam. It’s astonishing – from technology point of view - how it gave the right answer for all the songs played, including oldies & Chinese song! And it took less than a min to identify all those. How does it remove all the noises? How does it deal with the remix song? And what if the song sounds similar in the beginning? Amazing AI.
Thanks to Shazam, I got the name of the song I have been wondering for years: 7 Seconds, by Youssou N'Dour and Neneh Cherry :)
My iPhone can count chars now!
ED
No comments:
Post a Comment