Sunday, July 17, 2011

Mid Performance Review

July is always time for “mid” performance review, regardless of when you actually finalized your objective settings (for this year, it was April 2011). So, within 3 months, we’re expected to review our performance with our Manager and see how we’re against the set objectives. I don’t know how serious it’s being taken, but I just want to get mine done deal with.

I scheduled my one-to-one on Tue, which was countered by my manager to Wed, which was then changed by me to Thurs morning, then requested by my boss to change to Thurs afternoon, and we finally get the one-hour on Friday before lunch =__=

The one-hour went fine, but I’m not really able to tell how I have performed this far. I think it’s sort of the art of being an evaluating manager: to be able to pass through the session without really saying anything disheartening or encouraging. Haha… He gave some areas of improvement more from the project perspective rather than individual perspective. Is it a good or bad sign? I don’t know, but I just know that I will get beaten hard if I didn’t achieve it at the end of the year.

Apart from that… this week has been quite crazy but still bearable. I spent so many time on Tokens replacement (all thanks to RSA security leak) that I wasn’t not really able to cover what I intended to last week… but at least the high issue is done deal with and hopefully there won’t be much distraction for next week =)

This week I have been procrastinating. I didn’t go for any run in the evening. And when I should go for the morning run on Saturday, I slept until 11am. I don’t know what happen to me… I have been like sleeping zombie this weekend. Put me on bed for 5 mins and I will sleep for the next 5 hours. It might be due to my Thurs Craziness (to stay in office until 2AM + wake up at 7am afterwards), my lack of exercise, or my dependencies with coffee on weekdays. Whatever it’s… I’m committed to a continuous effort of healthier life style :) :)

There has been a lot of development in my holiday plan. From the plan to go back to Indonesia, we changed to plan to visit HK, then last week we confirmed that we’re going to Sydney. Few days ago, my father just called me and again said he needed to visit HK after Sydney to attend uncle’s son wedding =___= in the end? From no plan to 20 days worth of holidays. I hope my boss still want me when I’m back. We got all the flight tickets sorted out, but now I’m totally restless (and excited) to plan for the hotel and itinerary. No luxury of tour guide this time! I can’t wait :D

I haven’t been reading novel on bus this week.. one is because I started carrying my laptop around so I got no hand to hold the novel (bad habit alert!! – working from home), second because I was on phone with my dad almost everyday to check on the travel so I didn’t really get a chance to take my book out. I completed the novel “The Associate” and now reading “What to do when someone dies”. Both are kind of gloomy story… guess I will switch to Che’s romantic novel the moment I’m done with the current story =D

Have I mentioned that we completed Glee Season 2? I must admit that it was so much better from its first season, and I’m really looking forward to the Season 3! Finally we'll manage to follow each new episode when it comes out this Sep! We’re currently crazy over “Outsourced”, and target to complete the series by next week… too bad that it won’t continue with its second season :( :(

Ok, lets finish this post with talking a bit about food =D

Last Friday, I went to eat with my boss (once in a year) at Dempsey hill, at an indian restaurant named “Samy’s Curry”. People kept warning me that the food will be very spicy, but I found it just nice =) I love the way it’s served on banana leaf, kind of reminds me of my beloved Nasi Padang.. oh~


The "Setup" for Samy's Curry. You're supposed to create a hole in the center of your briyani to contain the curry

On Saturday, I was craving for Japanese food and we went to Japanese Gourmet Town in Vivo. I had my ramen and Winson had his Japanese’s Char Kue Tiaw, which is surprisingly very tasty!! After lunch, I went shopaholic and spent 100+ on cloths @ Esprit. Enough for them to grant me one year membership for free ^^;


The tasty Japanese Char Kue Tiaw @ Japanese Gourmet Town

On Saturday night, we went to Boon Tong Kee and had a fabulous half chicken + spinach with various eggs. I kept eating and only realized how full I was when I stand up. Hump!


Even the lousy picture can't stop me from drooling

On Sunday, I decided to reduce the sinful calories by going for 25 laps swimming at NTU Alumni Club. Who knows that the swimming actually makes me starved and I ended up buying a big portion of noodle at Meiling Street Food Center =__=


Fishball Noodle from one of the stall in Meiling Street food center - $2.5. Apparently they moved from Margaret Drive food center

With all these calories, I better make sure that I did my exercise next week. I just finished my Tom yam noodle dinner and feel like going to dreamland again…

In the half conscious state,
ED

No comments: