Sunday, July 20, 2008

For you, a thousand times over

oTravelling to/from work, is a daily routine that takes quite a big slice of our daily time. I realized it when I started my second week of work (my first week was quite engaged with trying not to get lost).

After realizing the 'free time' I had everyday, I decided to start (again) what I mentioned to be interest in my resume: reading.

For the past 4 years in Singapore, I read only a handful of books… and I called myself a reader =.=’’ but anyway, all the book I read were a good one (or am I just too naïve in this book world), including this latest novel I read: The Kite Runner. Thanks Kite Runner for accompanying me in bus and mrt for this whole week. Thanks Nancy for suggesting the book to me. Thanks Handarmin as the owner of the book (although u might didn’t even know that the book is currently with me :p). Lastly, Thanks blazers to give the book as a gift for Handarmin 2 years ago. Hahaha.. XD

The title of this entry comes as the most touching phrase in the book… The plot was so strong that no matter when I read the phrase, I would think about Amir and Hassan and Kite. After reading the book, I look through the movie… look through this particular scene, but it was quite disappointing for me. Maybe that’s why book is sometime better than movie, your imagination can run as wild as you want =D

Any curious body, go grab the book now! :p

Ok, so much about the novel.

My life has been quite alright… in compare to the novel XD hahaha… I start to get used to work (get used to be ignored, get used to be left out T__T) but anywayyy… they started to give me something to do, and I was so happy =] I have made my very first mistake in office though. At that sunny day, I was really left with nothing to do… and I asked my colleague if there is anything I can help him… he think for a while, then asked me to help him do testing… at the end of the day, I ruined his testing website and postponed his presentation T_T some lesson learnt.

When I was back from office, I was quite stress up… thanks dear flatmates to make me feel better =]… Btw, talking about flatmates, I realized that I haven’t introduced much of my flatmates. Here they are, all single and available :p


Ivana, Fieda, Me, Nancy, and our parents

Last week, I helped out the last moving out of our batch… from NTU to boonlay… (sorry that I was late T_T) I feel that I go further and further from NTU.. am I greedy to say that I haven’t spent enough time there? I really miss it somehow. Being student is one of the best things in life… hahaha…


pizza-hunters @ housewarming. Nyam nyam Thanks!

Next week, I will go to NTU, most probably one of my last visits to NTU. The convocation will be on 25th July 2008, morning.

Leaving student life soon…
(but still using matric card to buy subway student meal :p)
Erlin D

4 comments:

Theresia said...

erlin, miss u so much
anyway great to hear that u have good life there
oh ya, book is always better than movie
at least in my opinion
take care

Anonymous said...

Congrats ya Erlin! :D

Wish you all the best, dan mudah2an tahun depan bisa nyusul, haha.

*mohon bantuannya dalam job-hunting, hihi :P*

Eva said...

erlin, happy graduation ^^
i've been reading your blog for more than a year and i think u've had great university life. wish u great journey ahead!

Unknown said...

@Theresia
Thanks alot...
I miss you too... miss the can 16, miss the internet... hahaha XD
but life goes on...

@Fanny
Thx thx... hahaha.. sudah pasti tahun depan nyusul lar... atau tahun ini? :p Job hunting? muahaha.. ayo siapin asah tombak parang pisau dulu :p

@Eva
Eva... Thanks for being such a great neighbour... I am surely gonna miss you! Keep updating your blog k :p

Wish you all a blissful final year!