Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thousand Splendid Suns

Finally finish the "Thousand Splendid Suns", another novel from Khaled Hosseini, the author of Kite Runner. My brainless comment? I felt exactly the same "background" between the first and second novel, the author simply wrote based from his view... too narrow IMHO. both of the novel is about Afghan, and both talk about running to other country such as US, which is sort of his own experiences.


Thousand Splendid Suns

I prefer Kite Runner, as it gave much more unexpected twists... with all its foreshadow events.. it adds the cool factor to that novel... whereas for the second novel.. I hardly feel anything. Too monotonous? Or maybe I take waayy too long too finish it? (almost 3 weeks) Or maybe because I always read it only when I'm sleepy? hahaha... I don't know. Maybe if I read this first before Kite Runner, I will feel that this is better.

Alright, so much about the novel... so much about Khaled Hosseini...

Takashor! =D
ED

No comments: