Monday, October 19, 2009

(Un)officially Graduated

This week, more than 50% of my expenses are on Taxi =.=’ I don’t know if it’s fate or it’s because I hurt my knees and it made me lazy to walk. Haha.. anyway, I’m glad that my knees are getting better… I expect it to recover in another month. I’m so prone to wound recently. After my bicycle incident, I knocked my knees to swimming pool’s steps, and now I fell off chasing a bus. I might need to get flower shower to wash away my bad luck T_T

So… I had my End Module Training this week. The location is Mandarin Oriental. Poor me get confused of the different Mandarin around Singapore – Meritus Mandarin, Marina Mandarin, Mandarin Oriental – and was almost late for the first day because of that. The hotel is good. The decoration is better than the Swiss Hotel… but in term of training class, Swiss Hotel wins most of the grads heart. I myself love Mandarin Oriental more, and definitely in love with the room. Truly envy those grads which got the chance to stay in the hotel. Oh well, I least I got to lunch there for 2 days. Haha..


The accomodation. I wish I were hired by other country because of it.

The training was good. On first day, the instructor was talking about our career path, how to pick the suitable career based from our strength and weakness, how to plan the career for the next 5 years, etc. I like the second day training better, which was talking about being assertive, giving and receiving feedback, and how to be ‘politically correct’ in redirecting responsibility to other people. Haha… At the end of the day, both instructors are highlighting a lot on networking. I must agree that I can’t run away from this topic.

We have a 'graduation' celebration event on Wednesday, a chili crab dinner on Thursday, a graduate event on Friday, and I was totally exhaustive by Saturday. Thanks that Deepavali come at the right moment and I didn’t have to work on Saturday. Hehe..


The best Chili Crab I had in my life - No Signboard Restaurant, Esplanade


The girls and the lost man

Saturday and Sunday had been great for me :) I went out for most of the time. I went to watch a movie – (500) days of Summer. It was a story about a guy who was deeply in love with a girl… but after some time, the girl just seems to get bored and get married with another guy… 500 days are the time they spent together. The plot is pretty interesting… the way the film flipped through the random days and run the event of the day… was really unique. The jokes were funny and I laughed a lot through out the movie… but when the movie was over and we talked about the morale of the story… I have no answer to the question of why the lady dumped the guy just like that. Sometimes girls just get complicated, don’t they?

Ok, so now is 1am in the morning. Time to sleep :)

Listening to This is Us – Backstreet Boys,
ED

No comments: