Monday, December 19, 2011

6 Days to Christmas

It was gloomy and raining for the whole day.

After the whole MRT saga last week, I got my share of frustration today as my bus broke down on my way to office. v_v. I guessed it was kind of a jinx. I kept telling people that I don't mind getting stuck in MRT once for an experience. Voila, this is what I got.

The bus engine was actually working, but I overheard the conversation that the doors couldn't be closed. They tried to shut down the engine and turned it on again, alas it didn't work. In the end, all of us had to get out of the bus. We waited for the next bus, and I was stupidly tapped my EZ-Link again (by reflex). I ended up paying double for a bus broke down v_v

I reached office at around 9.30am, and couldn't find anyone to complain to. I checked with our department secretary, and she told me that most of the people are already on leave starting this week. In fact, she and 75% of the other people will also be on leave starting next week. It seems like I will be very lonely next week.

My mood wasn't really good (for the reason I know of). The coffee didn't have any effect on me today and I just couldn't focus. My colleague came back from HK and gave me a cute moon cake for the small favor I did for him. Even that can't make me happy.

For lunch, Glen and I went to Bakerzin to meet up with Sab and Eve. It has been so long since the last meet up! It was really nice to see them after sooo long. My thanks to Sab for organizing this lunch :) This is my first time eating at Bakerzin. I ordered the Carbonara Spaghetti mealbox set, which tasted quite good. For some reason, I didn't manage to finish the Mango Mousse.

GTO SG Grads from 2008!
 Back to office, the aircon + rainy weather really freezed my mind. I didn't manage to work for the first 15 mins. Lucky that I got some "urgent" tasks afterwards, so I was forced to focus. After couple of calls in the afternoon, I went off at 7.30pm for dinner with Ari.

Before I left, my big boss called me to his office and informed me one shocking news which makes my Monday ended bluer than usual. Sigh!

We had dinner at Skinny Pizza, City Hall. Poor Ari to be having dinner with me at the wrong day, I guessed I was complaining most of the time. I felt better after letting out the complains, and was soon occupied with the delicious pizzas. We had Ginger Butter Chicken and Smoked Turkey Swiss. Oh yes, the Smoked Turkey Swiss was REALLY Good. The butter chicken tasted like the usual indian butter chicken and I've tried better taste that that :p

Skinny Pizza - Smoked Turkey Swiss, $26++
He introduced me to Ladder Theory in relationship, which I found really amusing and hence can't help but to note it down here. It's said that every time we met someone, we did a mental rating and put them in a "Ladder" ranking system. Man lined up women in ONE Ladder, whoever on the top of the ladder will be the one they found most attractive of. Women placed man in TWO Ladders. One is Friendship Ladder, another is the real Relationship Ladder.


So now the criterion. For man, the position on the ladder is determined by: 50% looks, 40% how attracted is she to him, and 10% of other things. For ladies? The relationship ladder will be determined by: 50% of Power and Money, 40% unique characteristic, 10% other things. Any good guys will go into the Friend Ladder and not Relationship Ladder (poor god guy!) It also explained why woman feels that man & woman can be only friend, while man feels that it's impossible so.


If you're interested for more details, do google ladder theory and you will find some interesting articles :p hehehe...

We chatted until around 9.30pm, then I went back home, addicted to Sim Free Play for 30 mins, showered, and now getting ready to sleep.

Few more days to Christmas. I need some miracles!
ED

2 comments:

Kathie said...

wah, ladder theory, sounds interesting. Googling now :P

Unknown said...

haha.. yes yes! they have better explanation complete with the pics also. haha..