So I was walking to gym as usual on a Tuesday morning. There were coke's car at the foyer area, setting up some booth and I thought it's some kind of recycling awareness event.
During lunch time, I passed through the foyer again. There was free coke zero distributed and the people happened to be promoting BLOOD DRIVE O.O around my office area. I can't really see the relation between coke and blood, but I'm happy to take the free coke still.
 |
| The circulated "flyer" which came with the free coke |
Having been receiving sms-es regarding the shortage of blood, I was really keen to go and donate. I had one and only condition: I want to go with a friend. I tried so hard to convince my lunch buddies but both of them turned down my offer badly =___=' I was dishearten.
At around 3pm, after I finished a seem to be never-ending call, I decided to go to donate anyway. I called out from my desk and asked if anyone wants to go to do some kindness. And within a minute I got 4 colleagues saying they would join me :| I guess it's all about asking the right crowd.
 |
| Cute Blood Mascot! |
The blood donation was located at the multipurpose hall. The place is decent for a blood drive :) We came at the right time, the queue was really minimum. Within half an hour, I was already sitting at the bench waiting to donate. The donation itself took around 5 mins and I was soon moved to the refreshment area.
 |
| Donation Setup @ Mapletree Multipurpose Hall |
 |
| Selfie during the donation - not for the weak heart XD |
 |
| First time I see minute maid offered instead of Milo after donation! |
For some reason, I'm always very excited during blood donation. Maybe it's the setup. They have different station and I felt a sense of achievement whenever I proceed to the next station ^^; I was always pleased when I completed the Hg test. We need to have the minimum of 12.5 to donate and I was 14.3! ^^
This is my 5th donation, and I'm getting addicted (hope it's for a good cause). Refreshment apart, it feels really good to know you might have saved some people's live.
My next eligible donation will be on 3rd March 2014!
ED
No comments:
Post a Comment