Thursday, January 31, 2008

Another FYP

31st January 2008 is such an unforgettable day. It’s unforgettable not because of happy moments though. Today, our Information Retrieval finished early.. 1 hour earlier than usual. But no body seems to be smiling when walked out from LT 3.

Kuiyu, the almightily lecturer, finally revealed our assignment. It’s to build a search engine… from SCRATCH… and to add MORE functionality THAN Google search… we’re NOT ALLOWED to use any library, expected to write a PAPER kind of report, and whole things must finished in 2 MONTHS time, starting from today. worse yet, this is only for our FIRST part of course. We will have another QUIZ for second part of the course.

I thought I made my biggest mistake on First semester when I chose Cryptography as my PE… this information retrieval made me felt like cryptography is heaven and LPC is a saint. Can u believe that this whole search engine only weighted 25% from the whole grading? Add on with the fact that undergraduate taking this IR course is less than 50%, I really scared with the outcome of this course… Now I really have no clue why I was preferring this course from Simulation before.. Why?

Please wish bebek and cicak all the best for this assignment…

Trauma,
Erlin.D

No comments: