For the smooth transition from hostel to new place, I would like to express my gratitude to all my friends… who has helped me from the hunting, planning, until the moving, returning hostel key, and settling down (yeah, I think I’m a bit too unhelpful T_T) Thanks a million friends… you’re definitely the best… (bow bow)
The first day I arrived at Singapore, I took an MRT to BB, then called a taxi to take me to the written address. It was smooth and painless. After few hours of rest at new home, I decided to go to NTU to settle some stuff. I took bus 176, as suggested by my flat mate, to BB mrt.
Getting used to the Boonlay bus interchange; where I only needed to go down at the last stop; I passed few stops from BB mrt station. When I asked the person beside me, I was already 4 bus stop away from the designated stop =.=’ but luckily, it was still in walking distance… so I ended up walking 15 mins to BB mrt.
I reached NTU at around 4pm. After greeting It Land, I started to apply for visa. I completed my visa application at 6pm, only to find out that I made a small ridiculous error in the form. At that point of time, I then heard that library is closing at 7pm instead of 9! I was rushing all the way to complete the form again… I even begged the auntie at printing room to let me copy some stuff. All the lamps have been turned off when I leave the library… Thanks to the library auntie to wait for me such that I was not locked inside. I leave library together with all the other staff. Maybe that was intended to a memorable last visit to library? Hahaha…
From library, I sat at the bench and organized my documents, then dapao from the new canteen (Chinese at $1.8) and took a ride to BB mrt…
After reaching BB mrt, my second adventure began. Without any doubt, I walked to bus interchange and tried to find the bus 176… and yes, the bus didn’t stop at bus interchange! I can't believe it… I thought that all buses stop at bus interchange T_T (If you wonder whether I really have been in sg for 4 years, I doubt it as well) I didn’t know where else to wait, hence start to walk around… After walking for around 10 mins, I found a bus stop… but upon looking at the information board… I realized that I didn’t even know which bus stop I should alight. Finally, after several calls to flatmate and asking several questions to people around, I managed to get to the right bus. I reached home at 9++… T_T was super tired due to climbing the way home using high heels and carrying much stuff.
I wanted to jump to bed as soon as possible, but I haven’t even unpacked a single thing. With focus in unpacking only necessary stuff, I manage to get a rest at around 2am.
The next day, I woke up at 6am. I made a visa appointment at 9am, and definitely don’t want to be late (based from the experience with US visa application). I reached the building after getting lost for half hour… and I’m still too early for half hour. Haha.. (see, I’m good in setting buffer) The visa application didn’t go very smooth… well… haven't used English for the past one month + lack of sleep, I can hardly convey what I mean in English words. =.=’ I felt super clumsy there. I won’t be surprised if they suspect me as illegal worker with limited English ability T_T
After the visa, then I moved on to the birth certificate translation… my brain told me that Supreme Court is located near bugis… but my brain isn’t reliable at all. It was at City Hall… and I realize it only after I tapped out at Bugis MRT =.=’ So, I decided to go pray at Bugis first, before heading to City hall. I have almost no trouble in finding the Supreme Court (no trouble == asking less than 3 people) and get my birth cert translated. He asked me to come back on Tuesday to collect.
Don’t know where else to go with the blank brain, I decided to go back home and have some rest. Yet… as I back to home.. I remember that I haven’t finished unpacking yet T_T
I spent most of my Friday and Saturday unpacking. Almost can’t believe that I have so many junk ^^; hahaha.. on Saturday night, I have a wonderful date with Jasmine.. Finally!!! After more than one year… I miss you so much.. haha.. she look fresher, and even prettier than picture. Hahaha… We chatted over KFC and have some walk before going back home at around 10… She is going to start studying at SIM soon.. wish you all the best, dear~ so many things has happened since our last meeting at Apple… we really shall meet more… XD
Me and Jasmine - Still wearing the same cloth as last year XD
Sunday, I went to buy gift for supervisor with Winson and Helios, continued with buying household stuff with the same team + Tomy. We bought a lot of things… thanks god I have all the best logistic people with me. Muahahahaa XD (peace peace pals)
Monday, Helios started to work. Winson and I went to school to meet supervisor. Too bad, she was on leave :( lucky that we meet Stephen and Ilfina and have some chit chat… such that the way back to NTU was not wasted. Haha.. Oh yes, I ate ayam penyet again there. I lurve lurve it… now I realize how cheap is the price of food in NTU… huhuhu.. the price for a decent chicken rice in west mall is $3.5, and the taste wasn’t even half of the ayam penyet’s. hahaha…
So far, I haven’t managed to find a ‘near’ and cheaper food court from our home. I bought bread as anticipation, but will try to find some kopitiam asap… before I broke. Hahaha..
On Tuesday, I went to collect my birth certificate and shopped a lot. I didn’t sleep well on previous day, which make me super blur. I tapped at the wrong mrt TWICE! Once at city hall and another time at Raffles place. On my way shopping, I was notified that my visa is ready for collection, but must be collected before 3. I rushed there from city hall at 2.25. Can you believe that I get lost to the place I visited 4 days ago? Luckily, I can still make it on time (after running here and there) and everything seems to end well.
Wednesday, I slept to the max, and finally have some time to spend on blog ^^ read a lot of friends blogs… and now is going to read more~ :p
Few days to the new chapter,
Erlin Diana
2 comments:
Haha...I didn't know there was another "Stephen"...lol.
Anyway, it sure sounds very hectic and busy but I am sure you'll adjust to the life in Singapore in no time.
hahaha... yuup2... my friend also only know that there was another "Stephen" :p
Thanks so much for your encouragement... How I wish that I really can adapt well... I already quite inlove with Sg now :p hahaha..
Wish you adapt well in US also! Watch out for breadphobia XP
Post a Comment