It was my IA Supervisor’s wedding last week. Ever since the first week I worked under him, I know that he is a perfectionist with a long term plans for every major events in his life. Back to 2007, he talked about his plan for further studies and laughed while saying “maybe next two years” when his boss asked about his marriage plan.
Now is 2009, he is holding an MBA, and has just exchanged the marriage vow to the love of his life. I’m really impressed. I think I asked him before if there is any plan that he failed to achieve. He told me the hardest one was to gain weight. Jezz, I would love to have that in my plan list. Achievement guaranteed.
… Back to the topic. I got his invitation 2 months back. As I was looking at the invitation, I feel so glad that he still remembers his humble IA student, and then put it at the back of my mind as the time is still two months away.
All in sudden, the time is here and I prepare nothing. Alright, not like I have to prepare a lot like the newly weds, but I can’t even find a red packet on the day itself! T_T lucky that he is a perfectionist indeed and the packet is available at the reception. Hehe…
I attended the Holy Matrimony, which is nothing less than wonderful. The participants were doubled from expectations, and they had to put in more seats. You can tell how popular the couple is :p After a brief praise and worship, the weeding vow was spoken, the ring was exchanged, the candle was lighted, and the story was revealed. They have been dating for 4 years, the chasing went for one year, and the guy was asked to wait for one month for the answer! But it was definitely a worthwhile wait. The ceremony ended at 7.30, and we proceed to the dining at the main ballroom of Shangri-La hotel.

The first time I saw a Thank You gift arranged on your plate
The wedding was grand, and the most important is, it’s really THEIR day. It’s quite different from the normal wedding I attend back in my hometown. It is not because I know the couple this time while the rest I just went for the food, but I can feel the blessings in the air. The normal wedding I attended consisted of at least 80% of parents’ acquaintances, with around 1 or 2 tables for the couple’s friends. This is the total opposite. Almost all the events are organized by their friends. The band, the singers, the MC, the show, the receptionist, the video, the songs… they literally have an executive committee for their wedding preparation. I especially loved the Mac and PC parody by his bosses. Can you believe… his ex-bosses perform for his wedding! And this is the most diversified wedding I ever attended… I can see Japanese, Korean, Indian, Westerner, Singaporean and (definitely) Indonesian everywhere :)
Enough said. In conclusion, I enjoyed the wedding (and the food). As the bridesmaid said, I too wish my own marriage can be as meaningful as theirs :)
Best wishes to both of you!
ED
No comments:
Post a Comment