Monday, August 31, 2009

Short Update

There have been lots of ups and downs this week. Glad that it’s started with down period and end at the standard level (I’m not Citibank share price although it sounds like that).

The whole week of work can be summed up as one word. Frustrating. It’s not the amount of work that I’m complaining. It’s the gaps between my effort and the result which I’m expecting. What do you feel when you know that what you have done for the past three days (plus OT) are total useless and you have to redo them all, despite the tight schedule of the current phase? What do you feel when people throw you the whole week task to be done last minutely, and question your ability because you can’t done them all? I was demoralized.

This Saturday marks my first time going to office on weekend. Almost are my team members are there, and my gloomy mood was somehow healed only by seeing how they work and perform as a team. I suddenly realized that they have been covering me from a lot of emergencies that they are having. How selfish am I to be thinking about my ownself without looking at it from the team level perspective?

My moral was back, but I’m still tired physically. Haha. I’m expecting this thing to continue for at least the next two weeks… so now I shall sleep.

Oh yes, the NATAS fair was good :) We won a trip to Korea for 4M – 3S, equivalent to 4 minutes 3 seconds. Haha.


A blink trip to Korea - Winter Time

Korea.. Japan.. Taiwan... Gold Coast... ZzZz,
ED

No comments: