Thursday, September 23, 2010

I'm back! :D

I missed blogging so much! There are so many things happened after my last post. My holiday has come and gone, and here I’m alone at home with medication and a box of tissue. I hate flu :( *sneeze.

My last day at office before the holiday was filled with excitement (and it’s not only me – everyone else was pretty much excited with the upcoming long weekend) I intentionally finished my work the day before as I know well that I won’t be able to concentrate much on the last day. Once I got a text from my brother telling me that they arrived in sg, my mind started to go somewhere else.

Anyway! Due to the weekly 9pm call, I still have to stay in the office until 11pm :( Thanks God that I still have my best buddies to have dinner with me before the call :) After a nice chat and jokes and threaten to bring gift from Japan, I went back to office while the rest went off to enjoy their long weekend. No I’m not jealous, my longer weekend was waiting!

On Friday, my new job started. SG Tour guide! I’m… below average T_T I wake up at 8am, which is earlier than my normal weekday time, but still considered late for a tour guide. My guests woke up at 5am! (since they are still adjusting to the time difference). How can I beat it? I took a cab to their hotel and arrived at around 9am. After some hugging, we went for a breakfast. I proposed boon tong kee, since it was near by. But then... it was still closed when we reached there! who knows they only opened at 11am! (bad uninformed tour guide. Ehem.) We then switched to a bakut teh store near by, which was only mediocre :(


First meal in Singapore!

After the breakfast, we proceed to bugis for some shopping and praying :) We completed Bugis Junction, Sim Lim Square, Bugis Market & Kwan Im temple, with lunch at Crystal Jade La Mien and dessert at Ah Chiu in between. As the baby was not feeling very well, we decided to pack some food for dinner. I went home after the – very – filling and sinful dinner.


Boon Tong Kee Chicken Rice + Prawn Roll + KFC + Rojak + Wu Xiang

The same thing repeats on the same day. I woke up only at 8am, and they are waiting for me at the café when I arrived =.=; I joined them for breakfast, then proceed to Chinatown for a walk. The weather was very hot and they weren’t used to it. My princess Aurelie face was redder than apple. Pitying her, we went to mall-based spots after the lunch: Orchard!! We spent almost whole day at 313 Somerset, then went to Clarkquay for the night scenary. It was extremely crowded that that time, most probably due to the long weekend + Mid Autumn celebration.


Chinatown filled with Mid Autumn Festival Decoration

Sunday, we proceed to Zoo. Thanks God the weather was alright. After a 10 mins scary fish spa (and my feet didn’t feel any smoother after that!!) we explored the zoo for almost the whole day. it doesn’t change much from when I visited it 5 years ago. Yet, I noticed that construction is in progress for the new attraction: River Safari! Once done with the zoo, we went back hotel for some refreshing, and then proceed to Chili crab at Esplanade. My bro and sis keep telling me of how much they wanted to eat chili crab, but in the end they forced me to eat 50% of it =.=’ I feel cheated!


Chili Crab!

Monday, my parents arrived! :D I went to pick them up, checked in to the hotel, then joined the rest at vivocity. We had lunch at food republic, where my bro has his padang cuisine fresh from Medan. I was literally drooling when looking at it. After a nice lunch, we went to Marina Bay Sands. I wanted to bring them to the sky park, but alas it was closed due to private event. Then I directed them to go to the casino, but alas my bro forgot his passport T_T that’s what we called "no fate". In the end, we just walked around, and then went for dinner at Founder Bakut teh, before proceeding to Resort World’s Casino. My bro and dad spent some half hour in the casino, and then called it a day.


Everyone @ Vivocity :)

Tuesday is the day we have been looking for. Japan trip!! I shall continue the story in the next post before this getting too long :)

I want another holiday!
ED

No comments: