I was expecting that they would have “Liar Game” in the in-flight entertainment… unfortunately they don’t :( maybe it’s not considered the latest anymore. I watched a Japanese movie “My darling is a foreigner”, which successfully made me cried on the very last scenes. Sob. It was quite a nice movie. After that, I also watched 50 first dates, which only rated as OK for me. For the 7 hours flight, I was disappointed that they only served one meal T_T I was expecting two! Our lunch and dinner are not provided, and we ended up eating instant noodle in the Narita Airport while waiting for our connection flight to Sapporo. The first day ended after a dinner at MOS burger and checked in to Com’s New Chitose Hotel.
At Narita Airport
Second day started with a visit to fruit farm to pick grapes! The weather was hot and the grapes were... sour v_v we’re allowed to eat as much as we want, but most people stopped after 10 mins. It was too sour! Soon after that, we proceed to the lunch place, where we had the Japanese set lunch and tried out the live crab. It really looks like the crab stick (which we can get from fair price with the price of 2 bucks for 2 dozen), but for this one, the taste is really sweeet!
The leg part of the live crab really looks like the crab stick
After lunch, we walked to Otaru Canal, which is a must visit place for tourist… The weather is 30 degrees that day… and my parents are staring at me for giving them the wrong information (“Mum, Dad! Remember to bring long sleeves and coat as the weather will goes around 15 – 25 degrees!”). To be honest, there is nothing much to see… it only looks like a big drain ^^; I later learnt that the place is best visited at night, when all the lighting is on. Here is a night picture for comparison.
Otaru Canal (Day)

Otaru Canal (Night)
Next, we went to Otaru Music Box Museum, which is a 2 storey villa filled with millions of orgels. I saw the same music box which my sister brought to me few years ago! Haha.. After walking along the street, we stopped at the (so said) famous cheese cake in town. We ordered two slices of “Le Tao” cheese cake, and yes, the cream was awesome!
Otaru Music Box Museum
LeTao cheese cake!
For dinner, we went for buffet BBQ at Miyanomori and tried out the famous kobe beef. It simply melts in your mouth. Nyummy! By the time we finished the second day, I predicted that I was already 2 kg heavier.
The BBQ dinner
Third day, we went for Sake factory, Nan San (directly translated as “Man’s Mountain” haha) and continued with ramen lunch at Ramen Village. The soup is not as tasty as the one in Singapore, and I feel that the serving is also mediocre. Not sure if I’m too used with the one in SG, or the stall was simply not the best? My bro said the same, that the ramen in Australia is saltier and somehow tastier than the one we had here.
@ Nan San
The Ramen
After lunch, we proceed for the Asahiyama Zoo. It was told that the architects of the zoo actually went to Singapore Zoo to study the structure before they kicked off with the project. How cool is that! The Zoo was pretty similar to the one in Singapore, except for… hmm.. porcupine? It was quite funny that they have even chicken and hen in the zoo ^^;

Asahiyama Zoo
Next! After the Sounkyo Gorge waterfalls, We proceed to our hotel – Sounkyo Kanko Hotel, which is famous for the hot spring bath. Don’t want to miss anything that I have paid for, I went for it even though it means I have to go all naked T_T I feel quite embarrassed at the first time, but hey, all the others all the same too. I am glad that at least I don’t know anyone in the spring bath. I don’t know how to talk to people who have seen me / I have seen naked ^^; We slept on tatami on that day.
Dinner before the onsen =D
Fourth day, we went back to Sapporo, and made some stops in between. We stop at the – so called – “the central of Hokkaido”, then to Farm Tomita, then lunch, then to jam factory & Anpanman’s world.
The guide on how to use Japanese toilet XD
The flowers at Farm Tomita
For those who didn't know: This is Anpamnan. Hehe
After a long journey, we had our crab feast at Miyabi Restaurant, then proceed to the “Red District” area for a quick walk before going back to our hotel at “APA” (stands for Always Pleasant Amenities” haha..)
Crab Feast!
Fifth day was a shopping day. We went to the Ishiya chocolate factory, which produced the most famous chocolate around Hokkaido. The place was made similar to Disneyland castle, well, maybe not that much, but around 10% of it. Haha.. it showcase all its chocolates, which the cheapest one goes to 3000 yen =.=’’ expensive! And no free sampling some more! Yet everyone is buying like it’s free of charge.
Next, we proceed to Asahi production site, where they served free beer, free snacks, and even free juices! By greediness, I drank one glass of the beer… and my day went down the hill from there +_+ I’m weak with liquor but always refuse to acknowledge it. I almost faint during lunch, and can’t really enjoy the rest of the tour day. We went to “two man street”, then continued with Tokeidai Clock, before finally went for shopping spree at Susukino shopping district & Underground shopping mall.
Sixth day, we proceed to Tokyo. After 4 days of relaxing tour in Hokkaido, I felt that Tokyo is so messy. Our first stop was Asakusa Kannon temple… which was overly crowded +_+. After lunch, we went to Tokyo Tower. It took 90 mins to queue for the ticket!@#$. Next, we went to Ginza districts for our shopping before our having our last sukiyaki dinner around that area
Crowded Asakusa Temple T_T Why japanese are all so religious!
Ginza District :) The famous diagonal crossing :D
Sukiyaki buffet dinner @ Nabezo. Very nyummy with the raw egg coating
Seventh day is all about 7 hours flight back to SG :) I completed Karate Kid (1984 version, which is somehow better than the remake) and Die Hard 4.0 along the way.
Despite all the complaints, it was so much fun there! 2 things I find interesting from Japan:
1. The brand of amenities in hotel: They are all famous brands like Shiseido and Kose! Wow!
Kose for everthing @ Sounkyo Kanko Hotel
2. The toilets! One thing I can’t help to notice is… it’s geared with flushing sound device too. What for? It’s to cover the sound of urination, because Japanese is embarrassed of being heard by others during urination.. what is that =.=’’
Sometimes it's easier to find the flush sound device than the real flusher.
Ok, it marks the end of the travel log. I have two thousand pics which I don't think I can finish upload...
Sayonara Nippon!
ED

No comments:
Post a Comment