Monday, August 08, 2011

Hi August

I got my own preference for each month in a year. Jan is identic with New Year, Feb is identic with CNY and Valentine, Mar to Aug are hard work, Sep to Nov are holidays and slower work pace, while Dec is the master of all slack, food, and celebration.

Following that kind of mapping, August will be my last "tough" month, and anything afterwards can just get better (keep fingers cross!) There is a public holiday coming this Tuesday (Oh how I miss public holiday), and another one near the end of the month. My parents already called me up yesterday and reminded me that we’re 3 weeks away from my long (18 days) vacation! It somehow reminded me also that… I haven’t planned a single thing to do for those 18 days! I got the air tickets and accommodations ready, but that’s about it. I need to start planning, which is hardly my expertise :’(

So I spent couple of hours of my precious weekends looking at things to do at Sydney, Melbourne, Hong Kong, and Macau. I swear I would have never picked Free and Easy if I’m given an option T_T Why can’t we just leave the planning to the expert and let them surprise us with what they have? There are too much information on the website and I don’t know which to filter @.@

After sometime, I raised my white flag and asked my brother to pick whatever he wants =p hope to sort out the itinerary for Melbourne within this week.

Istana is opened for public this Sunday, so we went to take a look (credit to Cit for the info!) The garden was pretty massive, but the palace itself was a bit small compared to the one I saw in UK (ok it might not be a fair comparison). We paid $2 for the tour inside the ground level of the palace, which was completed within 10 mins T_T The inside has 3 sections: dining section, exhibition section, and meeting room section. In the exhibition room, they displayed the gift from various countries to Singapore, which all look so luxurious! We managed to spot some ship miniature and keris from Indonesia too. Unfortunately no picture is allowed, so none taken :( The guard there was pretty rude and I was scolded just because I took out my camera outside the palace. Hix!


With Singapore National Emblem!

The palace looks like a typical olden days hotel, covered in white paint with crystal lamps and centralized aircon. Even though I believe that it gets the first class maintenance, I got the “old” feeling more than “posh” inside the Instana. What to do, it was built on 1869, which is almost 150 years ago! Anyway, the overall experience was OK!

Nothing much for the rest of the week. Had my normal exercises. Had my monthly KFC on Thurs, Pizza Hut for Fri, and Spize Star Burger for Sat. Haha.. On Sunday, I got a super nice cheese cake dessert from Cit :D Thanks a bunch, Cit :D


A Cheese Cake which worths spending calories on

Other than that… oh! I met Sabrina for dinner on Wednesday =) =) She got her master degree and now taking a break before starting to work again at London. Congratulations, Sab!! It was my second time having the Standard Chartered Jumbo Promotion Deal, both within a week ^^;


With Sab - It has been a year and she didn't change a bit!

Talk about work, look what I got in my letterbox this week! Now I’m officially FREE from any bond! Well, not that it changes anything ^^; It just makes me feel old.


MOE - Discharged from Tuition Bond Letter

There were a small “series of unfortunate events” this Sunday. It started with me setting up the wrong alarm which made me cancelled my morning run, then the strong wind and rains which blowed my pillow case to nowhere for like zillions time. Afterwards, I missed my direct bus to Istana, and had to wait 5 mins for MRT. There in Istana, I got scolded by the guard for no apparent reason. Back from Istana, I had 4 hours nap, which make me writing blog at 1am in the morning now ^^; Can't remember the last time I did this.

OK OK, I hope to switch back to my normal bio clock soon, so will try to sleep now.

Nitez!
ED

Random screenshot: Just find it a bit funny - advertisement of Samsung Galaxy S2 in iPhone. Haha..

2 comments:

cd said...

woo the pic makes the cheesecakes looks 10x nicer than actual ;p
makes me thinking to buy camera ^^

Unknown said...

the cheese cake was indeed very niceeee... =D

Get a camera soon please! It will do better justice to your creations~ hahaha..