Saturday, May 26, 2007

2 more weeks...

Last weekend has been quite fun. Not really doing anything except pushing others to submit the write up for booklet. I called home on Sunday, all my sisters are gathered at home.. oh, how I want to be there too.. After some consideration, I’m thinking of going back this July :p I just can’t resist my mum cooking XD

My week-20 started at 6am. I wake up (a bit) late.. but since I didn’t get any breakfast, I managed to jump to 2nd bus ;) not a bad start. Reach office at 7.40. Planned to transfer money for some WWDC cost.. but figured out that OCBC can’t be used to transfer to POSB.. eventually ask Jasmine’s help to do so.. thankie pal~

For the rest of the day, I dealt with the mobile number validation.. @.@ now I know different country code and valid mobile number.. country like Japan got different valid start like 70,80,90… most of them are complicated.. Lucky that I only need to take care of ‘8’ and ‘9’ for Singapore XD.. haha.. At almost the end of the day, I got email from Alfon.. Update my latest improvement.. .then.. continue testing the AppleScript using production metrics.. The AppleScript directly sent email to people inside database list.. and Alfon name is inside.. he must had been spammed XD.. I went back at 6.30.. promised myself not to go back that late again tmrw..

Tuesday, I started to work at server room, tried to configure the server. I expected it to be a half day job, which turn out not to be so. Everything was so screwed up that I needed to ask for Imam help.. I stayed until 7 to fix the problem I caused. Yeah, only fixed. I haven’t configured it yet ><.. Back home.. felt quite tired.. replied Redcross email regarding booklet.. Except CIP and ISP portfolios, the rest not really seems to working on the portfolio write-up :( Quite sad about it. I slept at 11.30 after working on OMH articles.. Eventually, Wednesday. I wake up only after I heard my roomie alarm. At the time I heard it, I didn’t realize yet that I was late, and try to sleep again after it stopped. When my blood seemed to get to my brain, I jumped up and run to shower. Managed to get the 4th bus.. Met Ivana there.. and also Helios! Haha.. so he was late too :P I reached yio cu kang at 8.. not getting newspaper this time.. then went to server room.. and started to sweat as the monitor was blank. Ask George about it, he helped me to restart the server. After that, the monitor was working. Then, it was at the boot screen for more than half hour!! Again, I asked for help.. T_T Andy from desktop team was helping me this time. What an experience.. I really don’t know what I did wrong. Eventually, now I learnt some apple command shortcut like apple+s for single user, apple+v for verbose, etc.. (must look from positive side what..) After I was left alone, I need to deal with the annoying MySQL 4 which refused to retire after I installed MySQL 5. At the end.. asked for Liao Liang help ^-^; I believed they were scared to see me now. However, the problem was eventually settled.. Thanks so much Liao Liang.. I didn’t drink at all for the whole morning.. eventually felt very dehydrated and sore throat during lunch time ><><><>< eventually I met him without any preparation. And it run pretty bad. He seemed not to be interested in what I have done.. his first question was “How is your small2 project?” My fault that I told him I was doing small project during his first visit. I might need to learn how to boast T__T so.. everything was very mess up. I wonder if there will be any difference if I prepared for it?

After the meeting, I did final checking on my project and sent it to Alfon. Wait for half hour, no reply, then I rush to Westmall to ask about Singtel international roaming.. The result was very very negative.. “You apply under student visa? Foreigner? $200 deposit”.. I was just about tried to argue that I had already deposit $200 there.. then.. “ah, you are under 21? Need your parental concern.. or guardian at least..” !!@@#$@#.. how come it’s so difficult only to open a roaming service? We got it without even need to bother if we’re prepaid.. unfair huh T_T eventually I decided to do nothing. Plan to think about it later (but still stuck until now) Then went to have a walk at gift shop.. I haven’t found anything for supervisor.. left westmall with a $2.9 Thank You card.. ^^;.. Feeling tired and hungry, I had subway for dinner :p.. very very full after that..

I spent the rest of my Friday night “trying to concentrate in doing booklet” and playing a cute flash games.. ^^; slept only at 2 after finished discussion about booklet..

Saturday, have my routine of cleaning room.. after that, sort of losing my temper about the booklet thing :( they never get back to me like what they promised.. and like now.. after all the sms, no one really reply… and I believe no one was really reading the guidelines I wrote.. because they don’t even attached photo, no subcomm name, no quote, just a 200 words write up. How am I supposed to make it to 2 pages!? And I can feel that they don’t care about their pages. Why should I waste my time for something that they don’t even bother? That make me lost my motivation and inspiration.. T_T Anyway.. after cooling down, I realize that it’s part of my responsibility.. I can’t expect everyone to do what I want.. Will never grow up if i never face this.. I think I learn something new today ^^;

Ok, time to going back to booklet. Just Follow Law is just beside me. Need a lot of focus not to lose to the temptation XD

Completing Spiderman I, II, III last week,
Erlin.D

2 comments:

Arianto said...

Erlin, you should check with your 4th paragraph. It was too long. And somewhere in the middle it looks like the story jumped, from dealing with server then suddenly moved to assessment. I think some of your writing are lost, which I believe was due to the "><" emoticon. I have had that problem previously also.

And one more thing, the past tense for leave is left, not leaved. Hahahaha. (now we're even =p)

Ganbatte Erlin! Just two more weeks..

Unknown said...

oh no.. i lost my precious 3 days diary.. T__T hahaha.. ya, i think the tag was the cause.. thx for pointing it out.. too bad that it has already been erased from my memory.. can't think of anything anymore T__T

ok, even now :p