(Not a reflection kind of notes.. just a random thought)
1. Now I know that San Francisco and Los Angeles are in US, America.. not in Europe. Even better, now I know that they are city, and part of California State =D
2. One city in a State is bigger than the whole Singapore. But their public transport isn’t as well developed as Singapore… some public transports are really scary! Some more, the distance from one place to another is very far. So walking is impossible (my poor toes are now getting new skin) So, to survive there, you must buy a car. But the parking and gasoline are expensive… So in conclusion, be sure that you’re rich enough to go there.. or get a salary of at least twice than those in Singapore.
3. People said Singapore as FINE country.. but US make me felt that I was robbed everyday. The internet service is $1 for 10 minutes… and even more expensive when you’re at airport. Do they know that we got it free at Changi? Then we needed to pay $3 for a trolley at airport too.. The car parking is $6/hrs and can reach $40/day. The train ride is $5 for day pass.. and the cab meter jumped faster than your heartbeats.
4. The Burger King there had bigger portion. It has been proven from the 4 times meal. And it’s one of the cheapest meal found. You wont’ be able to find any food cost less than $3. Because of that, I got Breadphobia during the few days back to Singapore. Lucky that now the phobia is gone.. Subway, anyone? ^^ But I miss KFC more.
5. The cold weather make your skin very very dry.. Now I know how to give thanks to the weather in Singapore.. Besides, we need to wear jacket everywhere.. So bring more jackets if you don’t want to see all your 2 weeks pics in same cloth.. (which I did with my pink jacket T__T)
6. The night life isn’t safe.. there are a lot of people asking for changes along the road.. scary.. Now I know that I really love Singapore.. Thanks mum and dad to let me study here.. luv you.. (hah?)
Ok.. until here is my story.. It has been a great experience in US.. especially with such a great group.. Many many thanks to all of you.. Thanks for making this trip such a wonderful one =) Flash back.. it was really amazing how I can eventually be there.. Me as someone who know nothing about Mac until half year ago.. Until the IA, the scholarship applications... All the opportunities.. Let's just call it a fate =) Thanks Apple and NTU for giving me a chance to know all those great people..
Last conclusion: I’m broke~
Erlin.D
Friday, June 29, 2007
Lessons Learnt from the trip
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Guess what I just had my KFC just now. hope you enjoy ur holiday in Medan.
haha.. theresia.. I eventually had my KFC on saturday too.. ^^ Miso Crunch.. felt like heaven~ haha.. the smell is still at my fingers now ^^;
Thanks so much... Enjoy your working life too, k =)
hey, we shall eat kfc soon okay ?
Yes, I want KFC everyday.. but i'm too broke. >< you treat can? thx! :p
lolz, I also want the treat here. :p rui, we are waiting for ur treat.
XD ---> Become spam in blog
evil girls, evil !
Post a Comment