Sunday, November 23, 2008

School...?

Office has been good. I started to get used to my new seat. My direct boss is back from Japan, but I am now in different office with her… so it didn’t make much difference. She bought the love letter snack from Japan.. as usual, the packaging is very nicee.. I finished it before I realized that I forgot to take a picture of it T_T

This week, the PSLE (Primary School Leaving Examination) result is out. Since almost everyone in my office is married with kids (only 4 are singles), it becomes one of the hottest topics for this week: what is their grades? how many stars they get? how many A’s? who failed? which school they pick? I learnt so much new terms there (ha, kidsSkill++)

Looking at their anxiety, I realized that the PLSE means much more for them, in comparison with the national exam back to my home country. No parent (at least in my hometown) was so worried when it comes to exam result. Same thing, the students themselves didn’t feel much as well. Your exam result is out and u pass. That’s it. (and if you can’t pass, there is always a way to turn the result around :p)

In Singapore, the grade that you get will more or less determine whether you will be in express class or regular class, whether you will be in this school or that school. I feel that it’s really unique in its own way… but might be stressing for the students themselves.

Anyway, schooling seems so far away from me now… After 4 months, I can’t remember how to study anymore T_T I have a small reunion with my SCE friends on Saturday (kudos to SCE Alumni Club!) The reunion place was... Singapore Flyer! And with a great 8 course dinner @ Seafood Paradise afterwards. All within the price of $30. Definitely worth it =D


The Signature Creamy Butter Crab served with Chinese Buns

I love Singapore Flyer more than the London Eyes. Singapore just know how to make people feel exclusive. Since it's near christmas, the capsule is decorated with Christmas accesories. Love it :)


Saying goodbye to Helios, our photographer, who get it to another capsule T_T

As usual.. when a bunch of classmate meet.. they gossip XP.. we ate until around 9.30, then took a shuttle bus back to Cityhall… and went back home afterwards.

This Sunday... hmm… just another relaxing Sunday for me. Sleep until 11, lunch at Westmall with Fendi WK and the rest, iron cloth, chat, email friends, blog, and lets end it with a Magadascar movie =D

Coming back home for Christmas,
ED

3 comments:

helios_lie said...

So sad that I was left over in another capsule T___T

Unknown said...

"Lucky that I was not with you guys, I managed to get good landscape photos"

Who said that!! huhuhu.. so sad T_T

helios_lie said...

I never said 'lucky'... I just said 'sad not to be together with you guys, but it's okay...' blablabla...
>___<