Sunday, January 11, 2009

I’m back =D

… with a better mood, after a long sleep until almost 1pm on Saturday. Sleep is really important, second only to eat (for me). So, never take easy the “rest well” wishes that you receive every night. It’s crucial for a better tomorrow.

For office stuff, I’m into vba this week. Not much coding yet, still trying to understand code and add some patch. Although I was horribly sleepy during the afternoon, I stayed until quite late everyday… once until being the last person to leave the office. That’s when I can take out my camera and took some pictures of my cubicle.


Finally have the chance to take picture of my cubicle.

Honestly, I like my cubicle a lot. It’s spacious, cozy with proper lighting, close to pantry and exit. The only bad thing is that my monitor is facing my boss and myself is facing the big boss… make me hardly have the chance to slack T_T

Anyway, during my long ride to office everyday, I passed through Chinatown and happened to be awake (because of friend’s call) and see the Chinese New Year decoration. Big Ox everywhere! They are formed quite cute. I really can tell that the CNY is around the corner. All the advertisement and discount have already been put up for CNY as well. I just know that bak kwa price will raise during CNY! Like $20 more expensive! I want to buy it home… but wonder if I can pass the airport check at Medan T_T


Decoration @ Chinatown, taken from the bus

After bearing with my half-awake concentration for five days, I rejuvenated on Saturday and preparing a bit for my PR application. The earliest date for appointment is 25th March! Have no choice but to agree on that and took leave for that day. Heard of how long the queue is, I’m really scared of missing any documents.. what if after the long 2 months of waiting, I forget one document and they asked me to come again after appointment, which I believe another 2 months? What if after processing my documents for 3 months, they decided to reject me unless I provide other document? Geez, I’m so pessimistic… Just show how desperately I want it T_T

Let’s forget about the fear for a while and think about other exciting thing.

I watched Cape No 7 and The Traitor this week. The Traitor is great, but the Cape No 7 was a sleeping pill for me T_T it supposed to be romantic.. But… whatever T_T maybe I’m not romantic enough to understand it. On the other hand, the Traitor is a story about terrorism… pretty interesting, but the plot really reminded me of Infernal Affairs… about good guy spying on terrorist, and how the only person who can clear the good guy name was killed. But I definitely still prefer Infernal Affairs =D The charisma of the characters was really there.

This week is the premier of Red Cliff II. I haven’t watched Red Cliff I when my friends asked me to join them. Thanks to the best pirate, I manage to watch the dvd version of Red Cliff I, and got convinced to join the Red Cliff II screening. Red Cliff’s story is half taken from the famous Three Kingdoms stories. I can hardly remember their names and faces (since they all look a like to me), but those who played the tactics game must have know the story and plot really well. The Red Cliff II is not disappointing at all. The best movie I watched in cinema after death note (yeah, I didn’t watch a lot) Takeshi acted really well too, and cleared his bad impression to me when he acted in Warlords XP

Alrighty…time to end the week… After all the fun stuff (and KFC!), ironing is definitely the part I hate the most T_T time to sleep and get ready for the week… =D

Counting down to CNY,
ED

7 comments:

lee2 said...

Jelas Infernal Affairs lebih bagus, kan pemaen nya lebih ganteng hahaha ...

kok lo bisa lebih demen filem teroris drpd filem romantis sih ...

ayo kapan2 ntn bareng lin ... hohoho

gue juga udh seminggu lebih half awake mulu nih, entah mengapa, semoga lekas sembuh de gue, kalo ga gawat ><

Unknown said...

u da nonton belum itu cape no 7? beneren ngantukin lo =.= kl u dari half awake perlu di bikin Zzzz, w recommend film itu de :p hahaha...

W baru mo nonton bareng kl da di kasih tahu alamat blog yg baru =D da tahun baru masih blm tahu juga.. sigh T_T

ayo ayo semangat Le!! Holiday is coming sooon~ (malah bikin mood jadi lebih malas)

lee2 said...

astaga, blog barunya juga udh diabandoned sayangku ...

lom ntn cape no 7, tapi udh ada di laptop =p, the traitor pernah liat trailer nya ga tertarik ...

gue baru ntn Rachel Getting Married huehehe, gue sukaaaaaa =D

ayo lah Lin, kita ngedate lagi, kali ini ntn aja drpd dinner huehehhe ...

Unknown said...

cepat banget balas nya =.=''

da ada di laptop? hebat cepat... u skrg kerja di bagian sensorship juga yaa :p hahahaa...

Gpp, da di abandoned juga gpp =D pokoknya yg pernah di tulisin lele =D (ngotot)

Rachel getting married? sepertinya pernah dengar... nonton nya pasti dari laptop lagi :p hahaha..

boleh boleh... ayo ngedate lagi. di rumah u aja gimana? biar lebih privacy :p wakakak

lee2 said...

engga kokkkkkk

itu rachel getting married ntn di cathay dunks hehehe =p

qizhi said...

hey erlin... glad to see you're back :)

my year is also started too... thanks for writing about admt and ds... for admt the lecturer is different from yours (he started teaching admt to masters students only last sem, this is his 1st sem teaching 4th years) and for ds the lecturer is boring and monotonous... but both are from prc... such a great difference. :/

Unknown said...

@ Lee,

Iya iya, cuman bercanda kook, peace :p hahahaaa... beneren ya, di tunggu dating invitation nya (blush)

@qizhi,

I heard from junior that admt is favourite subject this sem? and ds only consists of 25 students? that is so contradicting with last year!! haha..

wish you all the best with your final sem :) :) Yeah!