Sunday, May 17, 2009

Angels and Demons - The Movie

This Saturday, I intended to donate blood and watch a movie at Dhoby Ghaut. Yet, I didn’t manage to do the blood donation as it was too crowded :( Feel quite sad… I was so prepared with all the passport and document with me already T_T

Anyway, despite cancelling my blood donation… I still feel the lack of oxygen and almost fell asleep in the cinema. Nothing wrong with me, it’s the movie.

I have expected that it won’t be as good as the novel… but to have it change so dramatically, and to have all the important scenes removed… it literally furies me right from my seat.

How can they summarize the first half of the book in 10 minutes? It was shockingly simplified! And hello? The murdered guy was a ‘colleague’ of Vetra? It was his father! Where is the CERN director? The Cardinal Baggia drowns to dead, come on! That is what you called the fifth very grand symbol? What is the true reason behind the Pope murder? Where is the scene of Langdon jump from the helicopter? Where are all the twists? T_T

I admitted that they might not be able to capture the whole things into one 2 hours movie… but this movie was missing the whole thrill. Maybe I got so frustrated because I have just read the novel and it is still so fresh in my mind. But still! Asking my friends who haven’t read the book, they said it was boring as there were so much conversation at the beginning.

So, those reviewers have been so merciful to give 3/5. I will give 1/5. I think I will get better pictures by reading Wikipedia :(

Thanks that I still enjoyed all the things other than the movie. It was my first time being in The Grand Cathay – it is so grand and spacious. So many youngsters and it makes me feel a bit younger again :p hahahaa.. After the movie, we have KFC from 10 to 11. Great time to get hold of the latest gossip :p Once I was back to home, I felt super sleepy and doze off after feeding my waiters at restaurant city ^^;


The Grand Cathay @ Dhoby Ghaut

Next week, my roommate is going to Japan... Where as for me, my next week will be the GTO Mid-Module training T_T what a contrast. Enjoy it to the fullest ya, roomie! Will surely miss seeing your figure…

Time to start my research after the whole weekend of relaxing,
ED

2 comments:

Unknown said...

seems like you are really annoyed by how the movie went on, don't you? :p
hope they can do better in the next movie then, flat mate :D

Unknown said...

lucky you wasn't seated beside me... you would have been nagged to death. hahaha...

I am looking forward for the next novel =D enough of the movie T_T