It was a sunny Sunday. I was working in office listening to "No Matter What", chatting about Boyzone. Suddenly, my friend gave me a text saying that Stephen Gately, one of the two main vocalists in Boyzone, has passed away.
The mix of sadness and shock surrounded me, but especially, I felt spooky! What is the chance that I am listening to the 90s hits and talking about them and one of them died...?
After the spooky feeling is gone, I recalled how Stephen Gately used to be the only name I remembered from the boyband. I like his voice. I bought his single album and loved every song there. My favourite song from the band is... surprisingly, not from the band's greatest hits. It's his single. In one of the Disney OST for Hercules: Shooting Star.
No one seems to think too much of me here
And they're glad to tell it to my face
And they're right I'm not supposed to be here
I'm completely out of place
Somehow there has got to be a reason
Evening as I try to think it through
There's a bolt from the blue...
And I see a shooting star
Set apart from all the rest
While the other stars are standing still
He's on a quest...
... I love every single line of the song. It just fits so much to the movie :) The song used to accompany me during my exam time... and I still remember how I called the local radio station for half an hour only to request for this song. My first and last radio call OK!
So... Thanks for leaving me with a great memory :) May you rest in peace, Stephen Gately.
ED
2 comments:
yah, i like it too :)
is it kiss fm?
Agung
Really? You know the song? :O I haven't found anyone who know the song... Even the radio presenter had to search few mins for that song... haha..
Exactly.. Kiss FM, after 8PM, everyday :p
Post a Comment