There is nothing new that I stayed late on Tue for preparation, Wed for the execution, and Thurs for the weekly call. At least, I managed to run away on Friday at around 7pm.
Yet, Friday being the 13th + month 7th of the lunar calendar, I had series of unfortunate events – thanks that they were all small stuff. It started with me woke up late, have a bad stomachache, then my dad called and asked about some travel questions which I can’t answer, and I needed to wait for 15 mins for a bus.
In the office, the coffee dispensed was run out of milk, my computer suddenly reboot itself, my email was frozen before I can send it, and I again was not feeling well when I went for lunch.
I thought those were ending when I was leaving office (by waiting for another 15 mins), but I was proven so wrong. The worst happened after that.
I went to Chinatown to pick up the accommodation & transport details for the Japan Visa application. When I reached there, the staff told me the person went out for dinner, and he didn’t leave any message before he left. I have to wait for half an hour, after the staff tried to call him but his mobile wasn’t on.
After that, he came back and gave me the letter, without saying sorry. I quickly scanned through the letter. The arrival date is wrong. The departure date is wrong. The tour name is wrong. Even my mum’s designation is wrong. And it took them 2 weeks + 5 follow up calls to come out with that kind of letter? I lost my temper and blasted him on the spot. I was angry not only because of this, it has been stacking from the past two weeks. I don’t know how come I get this kind of agent serving me! Horrible.
In the end, he blamed everything to his boss (“My boss was handling this and she made so many mistakes”) and asked me to come back tomorrow when his boss is around. I know that in the end, there is nothing I can do but to come back the next day, but at least I’m happy to spill it all out. He treated me like a dumb person. On the day I paid, he said the letter will be ready in 3 days. After that when I called, he said that due to long weekend, he needed few more days for confirming the ticket and hotel. In the end, the ticket date is wrong and the hotel is not even in the letter. And he wants me to accept everything just like that?
I was so furious and kept grumbling throughout the night (so sorry, Winson). Thanks that I get it right at least on the next day. Few more mistakes discovered, but since the boss was there, she made the changes on the spot.
My Saturday was a day I’m quite proud of. 4 of us (with Handy, Jessica, and Winson) finally went to MacRitchie reservoir and completed the longest trail – 11km! Can you believe that? I didn’t give up, but my shoes did… The rubber felt off right after the trekking =.=’’

After conquering the 11 km trail
After the trekking and nice great lunch, I went back home, freshen up, went to Chinatown, then slept for few hours until dinner. Back from dinner, I watched “Furry Vengeance”, a cute movie about smart animals.
On Sunday, I cancelled my swimming appointment (sorry, roomie :( ) and slept until around 10. My leg still hurts, but at least I didn’t sprain my ankle this time :D I spent my usual Sunday routine… called home, lunch, get myself a new chair @ IKEA, dinner, get myself a new pair of shoes from Queensway… and now preparing myself for Monday. My boss is leaving for Germany… I will be a free devil next week!
And my achievement for this week? :)
My Plants vs Zombies
Gold medal for Plant vs Zombie! I finally completed the game :) No more late night fighting and dreaming of the Zombies, hopefully.
Happy Independence Day, Indonesia!
ED
2 comments:
i'm amazed how u can still hold on with that travel's attitude..
better shift to be the same as mine :p
too late! I paid T_T otherwise I would have shifted... Anyway, I will start looking at other travel from now on.. earlier I always go for them...
Post a Comment