Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Pulai Desaru Beach

Along with my other 10 fun seeking friends, we went to The Pulai Desaru Beach on weekend, which is located at west Malaysia, around 2 hours from Singapore (half an hour bus + one and half hour of taxi).

Early Saturday morning, all of us gathered at Kranji Mrt, then took SBS Bus 170 all the way to Johor Bahru. We reached the immigration at around 10am, then decided to have KFC for breakfast cum lunch. I don’t have to describe how happy I was. Accompanied with KFC chicken rice + Cheese Wedges, it was the perfect start of the day :D


The Famous Bowl – RM4.95 + Potato Wedges – 3.60

After brunch, we split to 3 taxi and travel to the hotel. Our driver was an uncle with a typical yellow cab. I bet he drove F1 when he was young. All the 3 taxi travelled at the same time, but we reached half an hour earlier than the rest. Wew!


A Glance of the Resort – The Pulai Desaru Beach

At around 2pm, once everyone gathered, we planned for the agenda of the day, dropped our stuff in the room, then spend the afternoon at the beach. The weather was awesome that day. The rain just stopped, the sky was clear and the place was windy. We go for canoeing for around an hour, and then play some water sport, before continuing with swimming at the hotel’s pool.


The Water Fun

By the time everyone went back to hotel room and showered, the time was already 6.30. We went to the resort’s restaurant and had a nice serving of local kuetiaw. Some of the guys decided to go for the buffet, and I almost drooled looking at the BBQ meats. We had dinner and chitchat, then went for a firefly tour.


Dinner @ Palm Brasserie

To watch the fireflies, all of us boarded a small boat, which bought us to the center of the calm water, surrounded by bushes at both side. As the boat got near to the bushes, we can see clearly the many fireflies in the bushes. When the “tour guide” started to drizzle some water to the bushes, the fireflies will fly across our boat… it was quite awesome!! One of the passengers actually comes really prepared with a net and a bottle. She managed to catch at least five fireflies at the end of the journey. I have a newfound love for fireflies. Haha..


Before going to the boat for the fireflies tour

When we reached back hotel, time was already 9.30pm. We hang around at Pulai Lounge for a drink (actually, to make use of the RM60 voucher), then gathered at one of the hotel rooms and played cards – which Julianto introduced as “covering nose”. It might be the drink, but I believed more that it was because of the companion - we had so much fun! I laughed so hard that my stomach was kind of hurt the next day. Thanks Boly for being our star of the day :) And of course, thanks Helios and Boly again for the snacks :D we went back to our hotel room and dozed off soundly at around 12am.


The Card Game - Aftermath

Sunday, I woke up at around 7am, then showered and went for a buffet breakfast. Oh I love buffet~~ Everything look really delicious… I guessed I have around 3 helpings before remembering about my diet T_T After the sinful breakfast, we went back to the beach, had some walk and photo shooting.


Wrong attire for beach =.=’

We checked out at 12pm, then went to the Fruit Farm, which was located around 15 minutes from our hotel. It was a well organized tour. The tour guide was quite an experienced one. After the one hour tour, each of us were given a packet full of excotic fruits. That become our lunch for the day.


The fruit farm includes a mini zoo, where I found my siblings :D

Ok… the story is almost coming to an end. We left the resort at around 3pm, reach back Johor at 4.30pm, then went for a dinner at Secret Recipe, which prices are half from Singapore’s. It was around 6.30 when we finally reached immigration and took bus back to Singapore.

Everything else went OK. We have to queue for around 40mins for at the Malaysia’s immigration, but less than 5 mins for Singapore’s. We took bus all the way back to Kranji MRT, then went our separate way…

That pretty much summarized the short gateaway to Desaru. I really wish to have more of this kind of outing… so much fun to be away from all the usual day once in a while and surrounded by friends for whole day :)

Back on Monday, all the normal routine started again T_T To make thing worse, I forgot to bring my ID card and was unable to get in to office T_T It was a busy day… and I went out from office only as the clock hit 12am.

Tuesday, I took revenge and slept until 11am. Went to McD for lunch with roomie and Winson.. it has been dunno-how-many months since the last time I ate McD. I had the salad.. which was quite good (but ehem… too small in term of portion :p) Back from lunch, relax for a while, then went to Vivo to watch Fast and Furious Five. Another great movie of the month! What a wonderful month for movies :D After dinner at Xi Men Ding, we went back home and now preparing my self for tomorrow...

Happy Vaesak Day, all!
ED

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm Elizabeth and happened to chance upon your blog. Im looking at going to desaru fireflies tour too, and would like to know how much it is? and whether I can obtain a 60RM voucher as well. Would really appreciate your help!

My email: thia_elizabeth@yahoo.com.sg

Elizabeth