Friday, December 01, 2006

Exam is over!

Eventually ^^ Sem 5 is over! Exam paper.. c ya next year.. fufufu.. A very short summary of exam.. heem.. can say that all are so-so.. never can do all… but nothing to lose, since the exam preparation time is very short (yet I kept complaining why I always be the last to finish exam) so.. ya.. the one I regret most is my Net Centric Computing exam.. I studied hard for computation part.. and study too detail for the theory i.e: learn all the algorithms steps.. but then it came out with the very basic questions: mentions the layer functionality of TCP/IP and OSI.. 10 marks. Yet I can’t do.. the other parts are also a mess.. programming part, I misinterpret the algorithm.. thinking that he was tricking us.. hix.. eventually I’m the only one come out with cloudy face.. while the rest shining so bright. Oh ya, no computational questions are asked. At all. Sad sad.. T_T

Ok, that’s all about exam :P.. haha.. special thanks to Nescape 3 in 1 which has been accompanying me through out the semester XD, providing me with good concentration and good sleep.. but addictive T__T.. I still remember on soft eng II exam I didn’t drink coffee.. in the middle of exam, I suddenly felt dizzy.. and back to home, can’t study at all.. eventually slept until 4 before go up, drank coffee, and felt charged! Sigh.. sigh.. not a good sign, really. (well, afterall, don’t know it’s due to coffee or lack of sleep the night before. Haha..)

So now, AI exam is just over. Artificial Intelligent.. hem. The course title sound cool rite.. Btw, there, I found another respectable lecturer: Assoc. Prof. Michel Pasquier. He really knows his stuff. Another lecturer I respect is Assoc. Prof. Kuiyu.. which I had mentioned last semester. Haha.. Cheerz for both of you! Both has different characteristic. Kuiyi is famous for his anti-microsoft and real programmer.. while Pasquier is for his logic and his commitment to AI. Truly amazing. His answer on discussion board (which has more than hundred questions) is always satisfying. However, still, 1 semester is enough. Hope didn’t need to see him again next semester.. haha.. (I’m not kidding.. this is a killer subject T__T)

What is my plan now? Format my dearest compie. My Kaspersky anti virus isn’t working now.. and there are so many programs that I will never use again in daily life.. (thanks to computer science course..) And since I am in geje mode, let’s list out what software I have now:

  • ACDSEE 6.0 PowerPack – good image viewer ;)
  • ACE Mega CoDecs Pack – for the sake of movie
  • AcuConference 5.0 – e-learning week come with e-learning software.. yah.. software to participate in online tutorial. Cool enough.. 3 cheers for blackboard ;)
  • Adobe Acrobat 7 Professional – not only reader loh… ehem2..
  • Adobe Illustrator CS2 – Installed, then don’t know what it is for. Then never use it.
  • Adobe Photoshop CS2 – Ah, that is my source for all the geje things ^^
  • Ahead Nero Burning – Just realized I almost never burn anything.
  • Amzi! Prolog + Logic Server – Thanks to CSC 301 Programming Language Course
  • Ant – for automatic build. Use in CSC207, CSC279, and CSC303
  • Apache Tomcat 5.5 – Thanks to CSC 279 Computer Innovation and Design Project
  • BS Contact VRML – Thanks to CSC 204 Computer Graphics
  • Canon CanoCraft CS – software for my scanner
  • Clover – software testing coverage checking. For CSC 303. Sound cool? Ask Yongky for further detail :P
  • Cygwin – for CSC207… Ask Imam for further detail of what it is.
  • Eclipse 3.1 & 3.2 – for CSC 303 Software Engineering II project
  • Google Toolbar – Sigh.. ^^;
  • Hp DeskJet 880C – Oh no.. my dearest printer.. remember again that u had gone.. :’(
  • iPod for Windows – now my ipod not detected. One of reason I need to format computer…
  • iTunes – and iPod.. born to be together XD
  • J2SE Development Kit 5 Update 6, J2SE Runtime Environement 5.0 Update 4, J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6 – Don’t even know their actual function.. basically is that the things can’t work without them. Haha.. Use in almost every subject and Ureca. The setting up always tedious for me ^^;
  • JUnit – another software for another course – CSC303
  • Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 – Now also not working.. lol. 1 week without Anti-Virus ^^;
  • Macromedia Dreamweaver 8 – For MB362, CSC 279, CSC302, and own website
  • Macromedia Flash – For MB362.. and yet to be studied thing ;)
  • Microsoft .NET Framework SDK v2.0 – another unknown species like J2SE ^^
  • Microsoft Office – typical thing~
  • Microsoft Project – for dearest CSC 303 Software Engineering II
  • Microsfot Visual C# 2005 Express Edition – another must have for CSC 301 Programming Language
  • Mozilla Firefox – never really use ^^; still happy enough with internet explorer. Haha
  • MySQL Administrator, MySQL Query Browser, MySQL Server – I like the icons. Haha. That’s the interface for database.. for CSC 279.. but most of the time, we used command prompt.. Thanks to peko =)
  • NetBeans IDE 3.6 – now is NetBeans 5.. but still prefer this.. (loyal what) my first IDE when I studied CSC102.. and stick with it until now. (don’t know how to use the higher version one. Huahaha..)
  • Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver, Nokia PC Connectivity Solution, Nokia PC Suite – for N6280, which is used by half NTU student.. ( I meant it)
  • PLT Scheme v352 – Another IDE for CSC 301! This is for Scheme. Programming LanguageS course what..
  • QuickTime – installed although I don’t want it
  • SharpDeveloper2 2.0 – another IDE for CSC301 =__= this one is for C#
  • Skype 2.5 – Free call to sister :P
  • StyleXP – for dressing up my windows. I’m loving it ^^
  • Subversion 1.3 - Another thing to ask Imam. hahaha...
  • 123 digital imaging interactive e-book – free dvd program from goodie bag =__=
  • TotalCopy – for the sake of copying file without being kicked
  • Videora iPod Converter – converting avi file to iPod readable format
  • Windows Live Messenger – MSN loh..
  • WordWebPro – Last in my list and most recently installed… It’s a dictionary =)

Ok.. enough of the list. 70% of them won’t be installed back to my computer. Hahaha.. One question: what is the software that almost every other computer have, but not found in mine? Highlight here for answer: winamp & yahoo messenger..

(seems like my geje mood hasn’t gone at all.. ^^;)

Oh.. one more thing.. yesterday I got an email… a link to e-magazine. (er, ok, gals magazine afterall ^^;) I like the idea.. the title is Cinderella. It’s a maganize, with all the things like paper magazine, yet clickable, moveable, soundable.. and the design is.. cool from my point of view. Somemore they don’t need to print it out.. so reduce the production cost.. and they can get money from advertisement.. hem.. I really think it’s a brilliant idea. Let’s help them to promote. Haha.. anybody interested, can download their first volume and second volume (yes, they just started) here.

Ok, going to format computer now ^^

Happy Holiday all~~~

Erlin.D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

erlin, kok softwarenya uga ga ada di komputer wa. happy holiday. kayanya sem depan akan install software software aneh

Anonymous said...

"Eclipse 5 & 6 – for CSC 303 Software Engineering II project"

Wow! how old are you? who is the president of Indonesia? is Singapore being civilized by Indonesia?

Anyway I want Eclipse 5 and 6! I still use the old version 3. Can you kindly send me please? Don't forget to send me photos too, I really want to know how world in the future will be!

Unknown said...

Dear Theresia: Yes, you will be using them next semester.. especially during your CID.. XD.. have fun!

Dear Anonymous: My aplogize.. I wrote the wrong version... very observative! haha.. Thanks ;)

Anonymous said...

Actually, AcuConference is from Aculearn. It works with Blackboard LMS. Cheers!