Thursday, December 14, 2006

Currently…

Under a high level of pressure. Now is approaching the end of 2nd week of lab.. and I don’t have even a piece of code to show and proof that I do something. What I had been doing is search, search and research.. from first expectation of high level language such as C#, now I’m down to the Windows API programming in C++.. I’m totally stunt when I saw the ‘easiest’ code in the related tutorial.. and end up spent my whole day yet can’t figure out what are those codes talking about. It’s all variables with not understandable meaning. Example of the code:

pLibRemote = ::VirtualAllocEx( hProcess, NULL, sizeof(szLibPath),
MEM_COMMIT, PAGE_READWRITE );
::WriteProcessMemory( hProcess, pLibRemote, (void*)szLibPath,
sizeof(szLibPath), NULL );

Readable, huh? But really not understandable for me.. all those variables just seems like out from no where.. help meee >.<

To make things worse, I’m not in my fit condition.. since Tuesday, I got severe sore throat + itching nose. But I just don’t care about it, and event join ISG, running together with erikson, ari, and jun wei for the opening of ISG… Not really tired.. but after the opening ceremony ended, I directly went to lab again, without changing clothes whatsoever.. the effect was real.. I felt sick by the next 2 hours.. can’t resist it anymore, I went back and rest.

The next day, I skipped lab. Partly because I wasn’t feeling good yet.. and because I needed to prepare to go to aiport with Rina, Medy and You Xiang. Yep, the day is eventually here. The Redcross’ Mission to Vietnam trip. The event that had been prepared from semester 1 =).. haha.. we reached airport almost 1 (sorry for being latee.. >.<) and then taking pictures (as usual) and ate at Burger King.. Food really can kill me. I even can’t resist the temptation of eating those during my severe sore throat >.< Btw.. we meed our prez’ subcomm there. He is really quiting SCE.. for next sem. Yet to decide his future for next year.. due to medical reason.. but he said that we still can call him for help anytime we need him.. thanx so much =)… he is really a good subcomm ^^

So.. by 3pm.. all of them go inside the airport… we go round for awhile at airport before eventually going back.. reaching hostel at almost 5.. then went to check my letter box.. and found my cheque from M1.. horaaayy!! I was so afraid that it wont be delivered to me.. due to the wrong address.. somemore, handarmin had already received it 2 weeks ago.. anyway.. happy2 ^^

Today, I went to lab again. Today, I encountered windows API programming, which made me break down, up, break down, up, and break down again. But at the end.. I decided not to give up.. and tried my best to understand it instead of asking for new project.. it’s not fair for Medy.. and I myself also not really felt good of changing project. Every project has its own difficulty. Just carry on. Yeah!

Take care, Red Cross Team. Enjoy your holiday at Medan, Tomy & WK. Next departure: (19) Nancy & Ivana, (20) Boly, (21) Anton, (23) Vera… Gonna miss all of you…

Sore throat + coughing + itching nose,
Erlin.D

No comments: