Sunday, August 19, 2007

Second week of school

I need to draw back what I said about a blog a day. This week, I was so tired and slept instantly every time I touch a pillow.

There are quite a lot of updates this week.. sadly, it’s nothing much on the FYP.. I can feel that Prof Yeo a bit disappointed upon my first update meeting on Friday. (and from now on, I need to update her every week! Oooh..) Anyway, I really have left my FYP for quite some time.. when I went back there on Thursday for demo preparation, I can’t even remember my username =.=.. Thanks lab executive for helping me out! Now they seemed to be friendlier =)

This week is 2nd week of school.. and also the Welcome Week of NTU. On Monday and Tuesday, I was running between library orientation and redcross booth. On Wednesday, helped Fendi a bit with his SMRT booth.. then grabbed some pizza from Geben. :p Met Rudi there offering new SCE jacket to me. It looks nice.. At least, it’s NTU standard. Wish that the sale is good. Wednesday was quite relaxing.. I work at library for my last day (yeah!) and got participate in one survey and get an IQ keychain.. I like it a lot ^^ at evening, I went to career talk… the talk was about how to manage career.. it was a great talk..

“…Being a student, you’re in a homogenous community.. where everyone surrounded you is student.. in relatively same age with you. Outside world there.. you need to get used to the different age group, different academic background… Boys, it's a whole different world”

Those words made me realize the big difference between student and working adult… It stunts me for 5 minutes.. then I decided to enjoy to the fullest my last year as a student.. (yes, last year.. I have no intention to take master or PhD in near future ^^;)

My Thursday was reserved for Red Cross welcome tea.. but sadly, I only managed to go there after my lecture at 7.30 :( I missed most of the speech.. lucky that I’m on time for the sharing session :) met lots of new faces there.. even Christine (the one who attending WWDC too) was there! After sharing session, refreshment, and dapaoing, I reach back home at almost 11.. Really don’t have time to wash my Red Cross tee.. simply hang it.. and on Friday tea reception with Prof Lok, I was wearing it again ^^; as prevention step, I used perfume that day. When I was walking to SAO, I met moja.. guess what happened.

“Cicaaak, u’re using perfume!”
“It’s from.. Body Shop!”
“White Musk!”

And then he walked away. Winson and I were totally stunted… =.=.. I then went for the tea reception.. I didn’t do much talking.. although my mouth did quite a lot of sport (read: eating) :p Prof Lok was great in talking.. we brought up some issue regarding HAS.. it finished only around 5pm.. right afterwards, we went to hall 3 badminton court and prepare for the subcomm appreciation night. And again, I’m so sad that I need to leave halfway for my lecture T_T For final year, Most of my activities are packed at night. 3 days of evening lectures. Why, SCE? But still, thanks to huang shell ying, she released us quite early =D never more than 9.05 for this 2 weeks. I run back to hall 3, and voila.. thx dear friends.. they save some food for me :’) very touched. However, after eating, we need to do presentation.. sigh =.= we sang “Heal The World”… everything turned out well.. and Calvin never failed to generate laugh near the end :p The appreciation finished at almost 11.. we went back.. tired, but happy =D I slept around 2 that day.


Communications’ Team - Boys vs Girls Power

Saturday, I wake up only at almost 11 :p since it’s raining and I was lazy to go out, I grabbed two indomie for lunch. After great meal, chit chat for awhile, then felt sleepy.. tea isn’t working, so I had a cup of coffee as well. My sleepiness was gone.. but then.. I spent my Saturday chatting instead ^^; Xiao Yu's offer for the project is very tempting.. but then.. i didn't think i can squeeze time for that :( wish that he will find other suitable programmer soon =D

At night, I went to JP to have KFC.. it’s getting expensive now.. $7,40 for my “usual meal” T__T maybe that’s why the queue wasn’t that long anymore.. well, the meal is still as delicious as usual. They have stopped the Miso Crunch.. and came out with new product.. KFC surf and turf.. I was tempted to try.. but it wasn’t my portion.. so… maybe next time when I want to go on diet XD haha.. back from KFC, I discussed some stuff about maincomm recruitment.. type some blog.. and well, now is Sunday already.. better go to sleep early… tomorrow will need to write resume… learn math lab… and reply emails…

Aaa, I forgot to do FYP at all!!!
Erlin.D

No comments: