Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Sem 6 Subjects

4th week is here.. just realized that I haven’t talked much about the subject I enrolled to this semester.. Since it has been common practice for me to do so… here it goes ^^

CSC401: Advance Algorithm

Is the subject I took without doubt. The 9.30pm lecture was not even bother me. Not because I really like this subject.. but because it was proven to be very useful, no matter what field you are specializing in. And the code ‘401’ somehow suggested that this subject is ‘top in the list’ :P So, Huang Shell Ying, please bear with me. No more hard quiz next week, please T__T

CSC409: Neural Networks

Is the module I added after dropping my Parallel Processing and swapping my Prof Comms tutorial. Reasons why it worths all the trouble? Well, the prof is handso.. Eem. Let me rephrase. The professor is friendlier than the one in Parallel Processing. More, I want to learn Mathlab more than C. I’m glad that I eventually taking this subject (although it’s chapter 4 now and I still don’t understand what a neuron is). Anyway, looking forward for more funny videos, Prof! :p

CSC422: Cryptography and Network Security


While some of the subjects I decided based from the lecturer (read: neural and parallel), I selected this one purely because I wanted to learn it. Cryptography is to defense hacking. I love hacking (since it sound very cool) and because this subject is the closest related to hacking, I took it. CPE students, who already knew about the lecturer, were very doubtful to take this subject. However, it turned out that the lecturer had repented. He is now far better than the average lecturers in SCE. Happy to take this subject. And happy to meet chrstian, winson, and helios again. It had been almost 2 years since all of us be in a same LT.

HW310: Professional Communications

This subject is compulsory. Thus, not much cost-benefit analysis for this subject. The tutorial group is also so so packed that we can’t choose who we want to be taught by. Anyway, I got Susan Khoo, which turned out to be very energic and friendly young tutor. I love her. Thanks Kok Heng to help me find someone to swap my tutorial group. I meet Erikson, Devit, and Sharon in this tutorial. Glad that I’m not the only one need to wake up at 7.30 for it :p

Final Year Project

Erm. This one is 70% chosen based from supervisor (sigh) The supervisor is indeed very nice. But I didn’t think I did any useful work yet :( help help..

In conclusion, all my prescribe subjects dealing lots with Maths. Poor rusty brain will need to train a lot T_T

Continuing FYP,
Erlin.D

No comments: