Sunday, December 02, 2007

Post-Exam

Finally finishing the ‘game’ aka exam as well as the ‘bonus stage’ aka interview. Hahaha.. I had planned to pour out all my grumbles about exam and interview on Saturday.. however, it happened that my computer didn’t allow me to do so… It shut down as soon as the windows logo appeared. In confusion, I reformat the computer, thinking that it is already the worst thing that can happen to me.. but I’m definitely wrong. In the middle of installation, the computer hang! And it gets worse every time I retry. I tried to format at least 5 times with different result each. Some turn to be normal until I have installed the whole software, then find out that video can’t be played.. (restart everytime I try) some just didn’t allow me to start windows at all. Or some was corrupted as I restart. A lot of funny errors that I encountered for the first time.

After the software approached failed, I suspect that it’s hardware instead.. so yeah.. I try to troubleshoot the hardware. Cut the story short, the error occurred when I was using 2 memory cards, while it’s ok for any memory card in any of the slot as long as it's 1. Seems like the problem is with the slot.. need to go to Sim Lim again T__T.. Sim Lim, anyone? Haha..

Anyway, the lesson learnt is... Troubleshooting of hardware is very very difficult! There are countless possibilities that can turn out to be viable. Like when I encountered the corrupted file during my installation… was it due to the installation CD? Or it’s because of memory? Or even VGA card? Or it was the CD ROM instead? Or combination of them? It's really a frustrating part! You never be able to really sure of the cause T_T Thanks that I didn’t need to learn hardware in computer science course.. hahaha :p

---

So, it turned out that my computer problem outweight the exam and interview part.. I can’t remember anything about the crypto exam anymore.. just that I really didn't have time to calculate the answer dan I wrote "x --> Sorry, don’t have time to calculate” huahaha.. I did many stupid mistakes as well.. huhu.. but.. It’s over anyway :p.. the interview went so so.. I was just happy because finally everything ended. Haha..

Oh yes, I have got rejection letter from 2 company.. both of them started with B… suddenly realize the reality that getting someone to pay us is really not easy. Haha.. Seems like I need to apply to more company more seriously in second semester..

Ok… That’s all.. Dooh! My blog didn’t really connected in each paragraph... Haha.. pardon me, I am too sleepy T_T

FYP FYP, Don’t haunt me now!!!
Erlin.D

No comments: