Sunday, March 23, 2008

Blog skin updated!

Welcome to the blog version 3.0 :)

After almost 2 years (or more?) with the same blog skin, the desire to update the blog skin came to my mind for several times. Top up with the fact that my blog skin was a classic skin that didn’t support widget, the urge become even stronger.

This blog version 3.0 support the blog widgets, which are those appear at the right side of this blog. The arrangements are taken care by the blogger API… cool, isn’t it? :p

This blog skin 3.0 has come a long way.. I started to look for template at 1am. As usual, I started off with a high expectation of getting a great great blog template somewhere… but I got disappointed not really getting what I want… Most of the great skins are either didn’t supporting blogger widget or created for wordpress T_T I finally get one skin that I almost take but decided to leave it because it’s too hard to modify. In the end, I decided to use blogger default template (Douglas Bowman, Rounders 2) and do minimal editing to the skin… and this is what I got :)

The maron color is chosen… because I am wearing the SU’s maron tshirt right now XD hahahaa… Well, that was part of the reason. The other was because I don’t want to use back the blue color… and I don’t want dark color either… :p where as, the Sakura character from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle is featured because of the strong connectivity with the blog purpose: memories conservation. Hahahaaa… For those who haven’t watched the anime, the feather that Sakura is holding represents her memories :) If hers are saved in feather, mine is saved in this blog. I also just finished watching the third part of the movie, which was exceptionally great… leaving me with no doubt to pick this image and put it in the blog :p

Honestly, I like my previous blog skin a lot. That was the first blog skin that I edited so much (from the default of Habour, also from Douglas Bowman) and felt satisfied with. Thanks Sailormoon for accompanying me in these 2 years… You’re always the greatest manga in my heart :D For now, let’s welcome Sakura as the new representative of my blog. Haha…



One last look to the blog v2.0


Welcome, blog version 3.0!


Oh btw, this new skin also serves as a gift from me to my blog for my upcoming 21st Birthday.(huh? @.@) Hahaha.. It has been quite long that I didn’t touch CSS.. And I enjoyed the making process, really =D compared with the previous one, it is quite painless this time :p


With this new template, I will now be able to update my blog list easier :D Will put more updates from time to time. I was thinking of using tab in the blog as well... but so far haven't really seen the need... so leave it for future work~

Ok, 6am in the morning now.. Shall sleep now and see what time will I wake up… T_T

Happy Easter Day!
Erlin.D

16 comments:

Arianto said...

Nice design.. Keknya w nyerah aja de =D

Unknown said...

ah.. pendapatnya biased karena pakai warna merah =.='' hahaha..

yuup2 ari.. thx yaa :D

WK said...

Bingo... so neat and sweet :-)
Apa kabar Arianto??? uda kangen neh gwe ama lu :-p

Unknown said...

haha.. thx wk... kapan nih punya u di design skin nya? di tunggu ya :p

wah ari, ada yg kangen ama u :|

Arianto said...

@wk:
baik2 wk. apa kabar u? gw juga kangen nie. huehehee :p

@erlin:
comment u da jadi chat window neh.. congrats XD

helios_lie said...

Happy Birthday, and Happy new Blog Skin.

Unknown said...

Haha...

Thx helios XD update blog dunk :p

TreeWife 妈妈 said...

Hi, great modification on the rounders skin. I'm trying some of the layout changes but mess it up. Possible to assist me ? My queries :-

1) Header has the background colour on top of the image. How do I align in such a way it is centralised horizontally and vertically like yours ?

2) I like the star pointer on the sidebar. Did you design it yourself? How do you do that ? I am looking at it in the shape of a tree or leaf.

3) Realised this problem that when I apply changes such ticking the 'show quick lick' on the blog post edit under page elements. The comments and label icons align towards left to the author and time-stamping instead of originally align to the right separated from the author and time-stamping. When I try to revert back I can't do it. What did I do wrong ? How can I rectify it ?

Appreciate your help. Thanks ! Like your header image. You design that ?

Unknown said...

Hi treewife,

I'm a novice user... but i'll try to see if i can help:

1) I didn't do any alignment in the header, I adjust the image size such that it looks appropriate with the header. The header image can be uploaded using the blogger provided tool. I tried several times to get the correct size and appearance.

2) The star image is created using Photoshop (but I think any image editor will do). To add it in, u need to upload the image first, then edit the HTML layout, on the "sidebar background url".

3) Whenever I am stuck, I will just restart everything to the beginning e.g. by choosing another default template ^^; I can't help much on this one.

Thanks for your compliment :) Yup, the image is self-designed.

TreeWife 妈妈 said...

Hi Erlin,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Just wondering ....

1) What is the size of your header image ? How many pixel by how many pixel ? I try a number of resizing but still can't get it.

2) Is the star image a template in the image editor ? a cut-out, right ? I think if that's the case, a shape o tree or leaf will be uqite unlikely.... :(

3) Did you encountered teh same problem. Well, I did try to choose another default template and then go back to the same template, but still same prob. Anyway. Thanks for the advice.

May I know what software do you use to design the image ? Photoshop CS ?

Thanks !

Unknown said...

1) For mine, it's 100 x 720 px :)

2) Yes, the star image is from template.. tree or leaf wise.. maybe you can try to search google images for some clipart :)

3) I didn't encountered the same problem, but i messed with templates alot.. haha..

Exactly, it's Adobe Photoshop CS2 :)

TreeWife 妈妈 said...

Thanks. Appreciate your information. At least you got a great template now. Good luck to your exams!!

Unknown said...

Welcome :) All the best for your new blog! Thanks for your good luck wish!

TreeWife 妈妈 said...

Hi Erlin,

Just out of curiousity, I checked out your profile and went into your web-page. Surprised to know that I am 18 years and 1 day older than you. You are exactly 20 years older than my youngest baby boy. He just turned 1. And My name is Lin Diana. haha.. Interesting...

I will work on the new blog! An old dog can't do much tricks but will try my best. I'm not the creative type. Thus, browse around for reference and ideas and I found your blog... :>

Unknown said...

Oh wow! Lin Diana? Our name is really near! haha... what a coincidence XD nice to know you... I always admire people who have the willingness to learn and try new thing ^^ wish you all the best! And of course, since today is 24th, happy belated (exactly one month) b’day to you! ^^

Looking forward to your blog soon :)

TreeWife 妈妈 said...

Thanks for the belated birthday greeting and your encouragement on building the blog. My writing skill is no good. Not sure if can 'see people' not... > <'.

Will keep you posted when the blog is ready but may take some time.