Thursday, March 20, 2008

Just another week with assignments...

This week is officially started with FYP Report deadline. I just started to look at it again in early Monday morning (1:00 AM). I slept at 2++, and woke up at 7.30 AM to go to library and print the report. As expected, I didn’t get it right in the first attempt… I went through the typical suffering in getting the report done… wrong pages printed, wrong report binding, long queue, cashcard failure, top-up failure... The whole set. Nevertheless, I managed to complete and submit them at 2.30.

*Knocked Examiner door*
Him: "Come in"

Me: "Erm, I'm here to.. Errm.."
Him: "Yes?"
Me: "Erm, this report.. Errm.."
Him: Oh, I'm your examiner"
Me: "Oh, yes yes yes"
Him: "Oh, Ok."
*Take, throw the report to table, and continue his work at computer*


***

I don't understand why I was so nervous :s I didn't even introduce myself.. =.='' maybe it's because i never expect him to be in his office.. because 15 minutes ago, he wasn't around yet.. haha.. anyway, I never expected only such a short conversation with him... knowing that he was a quite friendly lecturer last time.. T_T

Afterwards… my days continued as usual.. days through assignments and discussion. My Monday is for ADMT, Tuesday for DS, and Wednesday for IR. The cycle repeated for the whole week. All the assignments this semester have been quite challenging (with additional 5 stars for IR). Honestly, I enjoyed them quite a lot. After almost 2 years of vacuum in Java programming, this semester; to the contrast; all the assignments are in Java! I seem to appreciate the language more now. Thanks to DS, I finally learn about exception handling. Thanks to IR, I finally learn about IO and memory issues. And Thanks to Helios, I finally learnt to use Eclipse. Yay! (But seems like system.out.println is still my favorite debugging tool). Hahaha…

Anyway, I can’t believe that I really haven’t touched java for almost 2 years! The last time I used it was in year 2 sem 1, perhaps? Afterwards, I started to learn funny stuff like sql, prolog, scheme, c#, php etc etc.. I don’t even have java JDK installed in my computer when this final semester starts! (and I call myself a computer science student =.=’)

This week, I’m in the peak of my saturation. Even the free pizza and ice cream from SCE didn't manage to make me feel better... I am so saturateeddd... I can even feel it in my way of typing blog… seems like no spirit at all… =.=’’ I can’t remember when is the last time I went out from NTU... one month ago? Oh no.. I really need to go out and have a KF… ee.., I mean, a break…

Anyone?

Saturated,
Erlin.D

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

can you write about your fyp project? i have to pick one soon, i really have no idea what's going to happen.

Unknown said...

@ anonymous

Sorry... I really have had enough with my FYP... If you really want to know about my fyp project, leave ur information, I can send the report to you :)

Nobody knows what is going to happen during the FYP... So don't worry too much. Gud luck on your FYP selection!

Princess Jasmine said...

Erlin ~~ i'm willing to go take "a break" with u xD

Anonymous said...

Erlin, are you serious about the report thing? I really can't tell. I would really love to read your report. I'll savour every word, scrutinize every diagram, look up every reference, read it every night before I sleep...

Unknown said...

@ jasmine

Aaaaa..~~ so nice Jas2... miss you alot... but i dont want u to see me in this stress mode ler.. (blush) This coming May, I booked u first k :p

Unknown said...

@anonymous

...

Anonymous said...

err.. I can't believe I wrote that. All I'm saying is that will you really send your report?

Is it just me or do you and Jasmine have something going on there? I guess this blog is not so PG after all.

Unknown said...

@ anonymous

Yes, Jasmine and I have something going on... we're friend :)

Anonymous said...

@erlin:

I'm not anonymous. But I also selecting FYP. May you send it to my email? 7words.sg@gmail.com

ki chi

Unknown said...

@ ki chi

Sent... Good luck on your fyp selection ;) ;)

qizhi said...

@erlin:

Got it... thanks!

By the way, how did you know Eva? :)

Unknown said...

@ Qizhi,

Welcome :)

Haha.. Eva and I are from the same town... and she is currently my neighbour in hall :p

qizhi said...

So you are from Medan also... hehe

The world is so very2 small. :p

qizhi said...

@erlin:

If u going KFC msn me... i need excuse to stop losing weight. haha.. :p

Princess Jasmine said...

i wun mind to see u in ur stress mode de la darling ~ i can help u de-stress ~~ xD

Unknown said...

@ ki chi
so.. ki chi == qizhi? hahaha... I had KFC already yesterday... super duper delicious... want to msn u, but i don't want to be the devil who ruin your lose weight program :p

@ jasmine
Thx so much dear... :') I feel better now.. haha.. really looking forward to meeting youu ^__^ You take care alot of yourself also, k =D

Princess Jasmine said...

i wan kfc too ~ but i will be gg for KFC ltr with my fren.. HAHAHA

Anonymous said...

So you are serious about sending the report. Send it to me too, please? fallontoearth@yahoo.com.sg
I'll do everything I said, except the part about reading it every night before I sleep. And since I have been writing quite a few comments and probably will be writing more (what to do, you write some interesting things), I will be 6 from now on.

No Longer Anonymous

qizhi said...

@erlin: ya... qizhi is the chinese version of my name... :)

Unknown said...

@ 6,
May I know what make you think that I was not serious about sending the report? Will you use it to harm me in anyway?

Honestly, you have successfully scared me. I apologize that I finally decided not to send the report. Moreover, the FYP selection period is already over, which has defeated the purpose of the report in the first place.

All the best for your FYP :)

Thx

Anonymous said...

Dear Erlin. I'm so sorry if I had scared you. I swear my intentions are nothing like that. I just enjoy reading reports (no kidding!) and since you have piqued my curiosity, I just have to read it. It doesn't matter if the FYP selection is over, just because there's no reason for reading something, it doesn't mean I shouldn't read it.

I was initially skeptical that you would send it. That has nothing to do with you, it's just me. I didn't understand why you'd be so kind to share your work with a stranger. Anyway, I didn't want to end up looking like one of these people. I'm sorry for doubting you.

Thanks for being so kind. I understand if you still don't want to send it.