Time passed slowly on Friday. Office was quite empty, and not many trades were done. I finished before 6.30! Either people are still adjusting to the news, or people are already in the mood for the long holiday. I hope that it is the latter. As my colleague is coming back from her MTA leave, I moved back to my table across her table. I stayed until 8.00 before having a nice dinner with my friends. I started with laksa, then continue with some drinks and sate outside. The sate was indeed delicious =) it was 10 sticks / $6, stall 7 – 8, beef. I ate around 3 and I finished the whole peanut sauce. The very next day, I got pimple as the compliment T_T
Saturday, I accompanied my friend to apply for credit card… and then, the staff offered us some insurance. I haven’t got any (except for maybe the default insurance from company), and I am really not interested in getting one. The promoter always mentioned that this is the best year for us to get one, when we’re still ‘young’ blablabla… But then.. it just never really cross my mind to get an insurance. The promoter said that she already got 8 insurances, quoting that Singaporean is kiasu.. hmm… I don’t know, should I plan to get insurance as well?
Talking about planning.. I realized that I’m so slow in it. I haven’t even decided whether to get a PR or not, where all my working friends are already getting one. (Suddenly realize that I don’t have a proper future planning T_T) Wew. There are really a lot of choices and decisions to be made. I quite miss the university life where almost everything is predefined and you don’t have many choices: p
For now, the border is your imagination… And I choose to imagine myself in a simple working life, from 9 to 6 everyday, with pay slip every month, and some hang out with friends every weekends. Too simplified? It is. When my friends start to think about getting PhD, setting up business, settling down, I can’t even decide where to stay next year T_T Anybody want to be my personal planner? Hahaha…
Alright, continuing my Saturday adventure… after the credit card application and lunch, I went for my very first Karoeke session @ NTU Alumni Club. It is located at Buona Vista, a place at the top of a hill. Quite a nice place (will be nicer if I didn’t wear high heels) and the Karoeke session is great =) $10/hour with 10% discount for NTU Alumni. The songs provided are quite diversity and up to date =] For the first time, I discovered that my sister is a singing queen. So proud of you, Fina!! (what a thick face sister I am… lol)

After 3 hours of singing
The karoeke session ended at 5.30, then we continued with shopping at city hall until 10.30 and haven’t get enough of it and planned to go shop again on Monday :p
I spent my Sunday cleaning my room and toilet, washing my cloths, and having a nice KFC lunch with shifu and bro. So glad to finally meet and catch up with them =D Congratz for finishing the exam and FYP presentation!! I’m looking forward for some first-pay-check treat in months to come :p We leave KFC at almost 4, then did some shopping, and I reached back home at almost 6. I felt quite weird of walking up the slope on afternoon time, with bright sun and no light lit up. At home, I even felt weirder of being the only one there. I spent my time cleaning up kitchen, chatting, calling, dining, before dipping myself to some Photoshop experiences. This Sunday has been a relaxing one for me :)
Next, Monday, the gifted holiday, I went to Bugis together with Inche, Henry, and Winson. I was so determined to get a new camera. The retail price is $799. The first shop quoted me $770… I went to another shop… and he quoted me $580! I asked for $520 and he said OK, with pay off from 8gb to 4 gb camera. I was so excited at that time, but still asking few other shops before buying from it. Others gave the price in range of $640 - $690, but no as low as $520. I felt quite weird, but decided to go for it anyway.
Guess what, he turned me down when I was about to pay! He said that the camera will only be coming next week and recommended me another model at the same price instead. But few minutes before, he already said that everything is on stock. So fishy. And thanks to my friends who helped me to check price while he was introducing new camera to me, the other model was actually only worth $380. Knowing that they are cheater, my mood went down afterwards... but I decided not to give up yet.
I went to Mustafa, where people said that the stuff there is cheap and original. They quote me at $725… still way too high for my budget of $600.
At the end of the journey… I didn’t get a new camera. But I think it’s worth the time and effort tough. I will try to learn more functionality of my current camera first. Maybe it has some hidden functionality yet to be figured out XP
At around 5, we went to orchard, shopped for a bag, dine, then finally realizing my wishes of taking the night Christmas view of Orchard. Special thanks to helios and his great camera =D

Christmas Tree @ Orchard
I reached back home at almost 10.30… after showered and ironed my cloth, time is already 12.30… and this is the time to sleep now…
Life goes on,
ED
8 comments:
"And I choose to imagine myself in a simple working life, from 9 to 6 everyday, with pay slip every month, and some hang out with friends every weekends. Too simplified?"
You're not alone. I wish to have such a simple life too.
Btw, Is it getting harder to look for a job in S'pore? Sigh.
@ Kat,
Your kind of life is my dream since years ago! Too bad that I don't have the required expertise T_T Maybe one day we can make our wish comes true :P
I think it is getting harder to look for job in everywhere now... everyone tries to cling to the current job. haha... Hope that everything is fine at your side :)
"And I choose to imagine myself in a simple working life, from 9 to 6 everyday, with pay slip every month"
ha... i have no such expectation since i know my resume will make any interested employer think twice XP
@erlin
p.s. want to meet for lunch or dinner any time next week?
meat on a stick is called satay, not sate... ;-)
@ Ki Chi,
dream big! :) you have all the skills you need, you also have worked before. The employer will need think if they deserve you. Muahaha XP
Anyway, never give up k! It's always the darkest before dawn.
I would love to have dinner... but i haven't been able to eat before 8 this week... wouldn't want to make u suffer too T_T Next time k, when I'm more organized =D
PS: Sate is Satay in Malay. I forgot to translate it T_T
ok, just email or msn me when your eating time return to normal XP
Hi Erlin...
The art of planning start with defining your target... if you think a simplified 9 - 5 job is what you like... it is good... having what you want and able to APPRECIATE it is happiness...
We are unique and have our own dream :-)
@ WK
I just heard so much comment like "Never be satisfied with what you have right now, always strive for more"... which somehow force me to think more T_T haha..
But I agree that appreciating what we have is important.. Thanks for reminding me about it :) :)
Post a Comment