This has been the most exhausting month so far. Suddenly, the choice of not moving out becomes one of the best decisions made. I’m mentally exhausted, with all the anxiety towards my presentation next week. Why am I so troubled with presentation? Why on earth presentation exists at the first place! Haha (I know this is not relevant)
Talking about presentation, my last one was more than one year ago, which was my faithful FYP presentation. At that time, I’m presenting to a professor, about a project that I know with all my heart, and I’m all sweat. This time around, I’m going to present to 3 directors, about my dunno-what 6 weeks project, which will affect my future in the company. For that, I haven’t even started a slide. Just kill me already.
Anyway, I read through my last year’s post… and I envy the old me. Things were so much vibrant during University time. Have I changed? Am I becoming an ignorant? And the thing that I scared the most… is my life stagnant?
This week, despite my crazy schedule, I decided to meet up with a financial planner (a better word for insurance agent), and he walked me through some of the planning stage. I was ready to answer honestly all the questions, but his first question has already stunned me out.
“When do you want to retire?”
Not that I don’t want to answer, I just never think about it YET. It’s just too far ahead for me. For me, it sounds similar to asking a primary school student of when he/she wants to get married. In the end - don’t want to look stupid, I make up a quick answer “40”.
Come to think again about it now, it is definitely not a well-thought answer ^^; even if I can save half my salary, retiring in 40 means that I only have 18 years of saving, and can only survive until 58, taking all other variables into constant. So now I know that retiring at 40 can’t be possible if I decide to do nothing with my life. Stagnant is a big no.
Another question of “what is your dream?” almost convinces me that I have to hire a planner. I don’t know what I want exactly :( let the day slip day by day… definitely not what we have to do with our life.
Now I need to start to think about my dream. What is the perfect future am I expecting? To travel around the world? It sounds fun… but has never be my biggest desire so far. Any other nice ideas? :p
Am I too realistic to dream or a boring person with no dream :s
ED
6 comments:
How to think critically like yours?
I'm interested with the way you think :D
@ Hatjhie,
What you mean by critical? All I wrote are grumbles ^^; (yes, I am aware of it) haha..
apa khabar, erlin? long time never update... :(
hoho.. i think dreams are sweet :D i love having dreams in life.. try to dream once :D
@ Qizhi
Ya, I'm good :) haha.. I had been wanting to update my blog on my every single weekday, but I just never reached home before 11 T_T
@Eva
I really want to have one. But totally can't think of any! T_T Give me some samples! hint! guideline! haha...
hmm samples ya.. well, i always want to be a teacher :D
Post a Comment