Sunday, October 11, 2009

Hi, Singapore...

This week has been tiring. Very tiring. And I’m demoralized. So much :( I am really wishing for a better next week. Else I might break down… emotionally and physically.

Anyway, at least I had a good Saturday… I went for lunch with friends @ Garuda, watched “Defending Caveman” show @ DBS Art Center, had dinner cum b’day celebration @ Bayang Clarkquay.


Cool Guy B'day @ Bayang Clark Quay

The show, Defending The Caveman, is a good show talking about the difference between a man and a woman. It said that it's in the gene. Man used to hunt. Hunting required the man to lock on a target and focus. That's why man are used to focus in one thing. On the contrary, women used to be gatherers. When gathering, they need to look at surrounding and everything... and that's the reason why ladies tend to be interested in almost everything... and that's why ladies love... shopping. It's a gathering act. It's on their blood. haha.

That's the core of the story. The narrator gives a lot of hilarious examples to explain the differences. I myself was particularly interested with one. He mentioned that ladies measured the quality of time they spent by the amount of information they gathered / the activities they do during the period. For guys, they measured it by how relaxed / enjoyed they are with the companion of each other. He mentioned that guys like invite their friends to come only to watch TV together. Where I myself... I will feel guilty if I ask my friend to come all the way to my home only to watch TV. It sounds insincere... haha..

The other point that he repeated several times is the fact that women are more into cooperation and men are more into negotiation. For instance, say you are at a party and the chip bowl is suddenly empty. If there’s a group of women, all of them will offer to refill it and often times they will even all do it together. However, if the same thing happens in a group of men, the excuses start flying - I brought the chips, it’s my house, I brought the dip, I got the beer, etc. until someone finally loses the negotiation and he ends up having to re-fill the chip bowl.

Altogether, it's a funny 2 hours show :) The show makes me think of how amazing a guy and gal can be a couple despite all the differences. haha...

Ok... enough about caveman... back to reality. The weekend is over and I have given both my precious friday night and sunday night to the office! T_T I'm not satisfied... I'm not. Let's watch Big Bang Theory to balance everything out :)

Laughing at the nerds (or myself),
ED

2 comments:

helios_lie said...

Stop complaining and Sheldon will give you chocolates. :P

Unknown said...

Spoiler!!! I haven't watched the latest episoodeee ><