I got out from office pretty early everyday (max at 7pm), but I stil didn’t get the chance to see much of Frankfurt / Eschborn. What can you see when all the shops are actually closed at 7pm? T_T In addition, the winter doesn’t seem to get away yet. The sky is getting dark at 4pm… so no chance of me taking shots with blue sky.
Pathetic attempt of getting some proof that I was in Germany
On Tuesday, I was pretty much recovered from my jetlag… and had quite a good time in office. At night, we had a cozy German dinner in a restaurant near office.
With team members after a delicious dinner
On Wednesday after office, I randomly walked at the area near my hotel, and found a mall that opened until 8pm. So lucky! So I went in and… felt that the mall looks familiar… and… then I realized that it was exactly the one and only mall I went to last year =__= Talk about how big Frankfurt is. So I shopped at My Zeil’s supermarket (again), got some candies, chewing gums, and chocholate, then buy a Korean noodle on my way back home. Spent my night watching Korean drama “The President” while eating Korean soup. Nyummy!
On Thursday after office, I rushed to LV shop to get some items that my colleague has asked me to. I reached there at 7.03 PM, and found the shop locked. What!@#. I tried to call the people inside… the people saw me.. but instead of coming to ask what I want, they come to check if the door is locked, then just walk off! Leaving this poor lady stand by outside the shop! Freezing! Huh LV… you just missed EUR500 revenue and a customer! Haha… like they care.
On this second visit to Germany, I guess I learn more on how they view job / work as just as a small part of life. It’s not that they didn’t feel they work important… no. They respect their work. But there is a limit of 39 hours per week of what is called work life. Other than that it’s family, friends, and self-interest things to spend time on. I learnt that they have 30 days leave per year, and most of the people actually work only 4 days a week.
...And that’s why, on Friday, my boss and I become the only people in our team after 2pm. Now that is what we called Friday mood. I was so hard to keep working while the rest of people are saying bye and wishing you a nice weekend.
Last pic with complete team members in the office
In the end, we gave up at 6pm, went out to one of bar in DB, and then catch our flight at 10pm. I guess the Apple Cider was too strong for me. I dropped dead during the take-off, woke up only during the supper, then unconscious again until the breakfast and landing time. I didn’t finish a single movie! Give me back my movie marathon time! I was around 45 minutes into “The Switch” before finally landed in Singapore.
Back to SG, I took a taxi home, unpacked, then went to Sentosa for the Crane Dance and Lake of Dream’s show. It was around 11pm when we reached back home. After chatting for awhile, I finally slept at around 2.45am.
The next day, I woke up at 11.45 AM, quickly took a shower, then went to Pasir Ris for Cit’s Housewarming event. I like her place a lot! It’s quite spacious and I love the way it’s decorated =) Back from her house, I did my weekly chores, had dinner, and now ready for my usual movie time!
Back to work tomorrow!
ED
2 comments:
thanks for coming all the way to east...got unexpected fees furthermore for the cab.. ^^;
wait for the fondue party yh :p hehehehe
haha! most welcome! thanks for the invitation :D and for the lunch and the snacks :D and im really sorry to be late ><
cant wait for the fondue party! argh, should hv bought a bigger one! :p hahaha..
Post a Comment