For the first day, we stayed in Festive Hotel, Resort World. For SGD 538, we were given a family room (with 3 beds!), 2 Universal Studio tickets (peak), SGD 50 Resort world vouchers, 10 SGD retails voucher, 10 SGD food voucher and 4 unlimited entries to Sentosa... it was a good bargain :)
After checked in, we went out to Chili’s for a supper… well… it wasn’t as good as expected =__= the chicken was too sweet, the prawn was smelly, the pizza was tasteless, and I can’t really say anything about the salad…
My dear nephew :)
We ate until around 10.30PM, have a walk around Sentosa, and then went to bed while bro-in-law went to pay a visit to the Casino.
I woke up at 8.30 the next morning. After a buffet breakfast in the hotel, we went to Universal Studio. It was my second time there… and I still dare not to take up the Mummy’s ride ^^; I seem to have lost my guts. We took quite a lot of pictures with characters in the beginning… and then took some other rides before calling it a day at around 5PM.
Group Shoot with a Panda :D
Moving on, we took a taxi to Marina Bay Sands hotel… The hotel was as grand as usual… as it was Chinese New Year period, they got pretty ladies wearing Chinese dress to open the door for the guests!
But my good impression stopped right there.
The lousy services I had back in May 2010 happened again. I queued for 10 minutes for my turn at the check in counter, and then wasted 45 minutes just to get a room! The guy was horrible. I bought the promotional package, where I was charged SGD 410 (before GST & Tax). After totaling everything, the charge goes to SGD 483, which I’m fine with. BUT! On top of that, they are actually charging additional SGD 30++, which I have no clue about. He asked me to click the approve button, but I don’t feel comfortable, so I asked.
Me: ”Sorry, what is the SGD 30++ for?”
Guy: “Oh.. it’s called the Resort Fee.. you know, when you check in to the hotel, this is the fee you paid for the usage of the FLOOR, the ELECTRICITY, the WATER”
Me: “Water?, Electricity? You mean the package I bought doesn’t include water?”
Guy: “Oh, it’s a compulsory fee for Marina Bay Sands”
Me: “I never heard about this fee from any other hotel!”
Guy: “Yeah, as I told you, this is Marina Bay Sands. It’s different”
Me: “But I was here 8 months ago, and I wasn’t charged this fee anyway!”
Guy: “Yeah, it was 8 months ago, this is now. Of course it’s different”
Me: “(FURIOUS!) I’m not accepting this terms and conditions unless you tell me where in the website this fee is being mentioned. I didn’t read this anywhere.”
And guess what, he clicked “Accept” on the terms and conditions on my behalf!!
(By that time, it was already about 30 minutes and my sister actually came and asked if there is any where to sit as they are tired.. he simply said “We don’t have lobby” without being apologetic at all. )
I was very pissed off, but I can see that the fight is going nowhere, so I agreed to sign it in the end. He said that I could mention his name upon check out and get a waiver, but refuse to give me any document to support that. Anyway.
So we went up to the room. We were given the ONE BIG BED despite asking for the DOUBLE BED room many times during the check in. I feel like punching the guy. What’s the point of being able to speak hokkien, malay, Chinese, and English, if you don’t even register what the customer want into your mind. ROARRR!
At that point of time, I make a vow not to book MBS anymore for the rest of my life. I shouldn’t have given it a second chance after the disastrous experience on my first visit.
---
After a messy re-allocation, we finally settled in a double bed room and went out for dinner at No Signboard Restaurant @ Esplanade. I had my first yu-sheng for the New Year, followed by chili crabs and other dishes. From Esplanade, we walked back to the hotel and catch a view of Skypark at around 9pm. It was dark and cool… but there are still people swimming around @.@
Yu-Sheng!
Having decided to take leave from office the next day, I stayed with my sister at Marina Bay Sands.
In the morning, I woke up and get some breakfast from Coffee Bean, then went for a swim at the infinity pool. The pool was actually divided into 3 parts, so you have to climb over if you want to swim the whole length of “Infinity Pool” (which I did”) Despite looking all sunny, the water was really coooollldd.. I can’t imagine how the people swam the other night.
After swimming and some relaxing, we checked out and had lunch at Hide Yamamoto, one of the celebrity chefs at Marina Bay Shopping. Anyway, the food was mediocre T_T It was my last dine with sister for her visit this time. I felt bad as I didn’t manage to find her any food that can make her say “Nyummy!!” I should really bring her around hawker center next time.
Finally – the 57th Floor Sky Park!
Ok, I shall continue on the next post before it's getting too long :p
ED
No comments:
Post a Comment