Monday, May 02, 2011

Bye, Long Weekends...

I’m totally worn out this long weekend!

Not one day did I get a chance to sleep until 9 AM!! I guess I’m living an even more hectic life than weekdays.

On Saturday, some sport spirits seem to get into me, and I woke up early before 7AM in the morning to jog at Queensway Sport Center. It was unfortunate that it started to rain around 8am, so I went back home. After awhile, the weather started to brighten again... =__=’’ I was somehow possessed by some crazy spirit at that moment, so decided to call up Helios and dragged him to join me for swimming. I reach Buona Vista at around 8.50am… then at 9am, when we just about to walk to NTU Alumni Club, the rain started to pour down heavily. Me, being in my usual stubborn me, decided to carry on against the storm. Oh my. It was such a bad decision. It rained so hard that we totally can’t proceed after we reach MOE building. After staring at the rain for 15 minutes at the deserted MOE, we decided to go back home.

At home, I started my weekly cleaning activities – sweeping and mopping the whole house, washing toilet, etc etc. It was around 12pm when I finished the chores and prepared some bread for my lunch. I flied to dreamland afterwards, and woke up only by some sms notification at 4pm. At 5.30pm, we again tried our luck with swimming and yes :D we managed to swim in the end. I can’t remember when was the last time I swim… it was definitely more than 2 months ago. After 20 laps and 2 hands full of wrinkles, we went up and showered, getting ready for dinner. We went to Tiong Bahru for a dinner, then went to Henry’s place to try out his new 32’’ inch HDTV + XBOX Kinect. It was awesome! After couple of hours of laugh dosage, we went back home at around 10pm. Thanks Helios for the invitation :)

Sunday, I went for Badminton at Clementi. I played really bad this time T_T I don’t know what happen… It’s true that I skipped badminton last week, but can a skill just deteriorated so much within two week? Or am I just getting older T_T hahaha.. anyway, I still had fun playing until around 12pm. Afterwards, we went for lunch, then I went back home… and decided to wash my cloths and tidy up my wardrobes. At night, we went to Toa Payoh for a KTV session from 7pm – 10pm. I tried my sing my new found favourite song – Teenage Dream, but man... it was so hard. I totally can’t bring it on. After an hour, Fendi joined us for the KTV… and all the girls just go crazy over his voice. I know he is a good singer, but never knew that he was THAT good! When he first started to sing, it was so good that we thought we didn’t turn off the artist’s voice. LOL!


@ Ten Dollar Club, Balestier

After the KTV, we went for a supper @ Popeye’s. Coincidentally, It was having one of its biggest promotion: 5 pieces of chicken for SGD 5.9. We got 2 boxes and shared it among 7 of us. After the supper, we went back home and knocked off to bed around 1.30.


@ Popeye's Pay Day - 5 Bonafide Chicken for SGD 5.9

Monday, I forced myself to wake up at 6.30am for a trekking at Macritchie. We supposed to reach the place by 7.30am, but due to one and other reason (woke up late, got down at the wrong bus stop, etc), we only started the trekking at around 8.30. Weather was cloudy with some drizzling along the way. I was initially hesitated to go for the trekking due to the weather forecast. Thanks God it turns out to be a very pleasing walk. We finished the 11km walk at around 12.30, and then took a bus to Anchor Point to celebrate with KFC. Hahaha… there goes all the burnt calories. After doing some shopping at Queensway Shopping Mall, we then went back home and rest for a while. I finished my last piece of chores, which is to change my bed sheet and wash my muddy shoes. Relax for a while, and then had dinner with the Gank at Spize :D



We made it to Tree Top, again :D


The muddy shoes after 4 hours of trekking

This week, I watched the usual TV series, as well as some movies: “No String Attached” and “What Women Want”. Both are comedy romantic – one from Oscar winner artist and another one by all time superstars – Andy Lau and Gong Li. Both have similar plot – one guy and one girl started as friend, then the guy fall in love with the girl, then the girl doesn’t want to admit it and run away, then comes back as she realized she is also in love with the guy. The end. Hahaha.. of course there are lots of funny scenes in between, but those are the main plot. I gave 7 / 10 for both movies.

Despite the exercise I did, I can see fats building up on my stomach. I don’t know what happen :( Probably my metabolism isn’t as good anymore as I grow older :( What should I do! Help! I will do anything except stopping food intake. Haha..

It’s an election next week, and the dialogues have been pretty tensed these days. Apart from that, there is crazy news everywhere… there is another attempted suicide in NTU where the girl was found with a knife in her head. There is a cannibal who cooks and eats his own fingers. There is news that Osama is dead. There is a finding that Apple’s is tracking everyone’s whereabouts. I can hardly follow the news anymore..

Well, what’s else? I have been pretty ignorant in office this week – big boss is on business trip and small boss is enjoying his time, so I followed. Haha.. I have a dinner with Venny, Glen, and TXL and Thurs, and we chatted about everything – about work and future, mostly. Seeing how prepared they are with the future impressed me quite a lot, but at the same time it still can’t motivate me enough to start planning ^^;

And yeah, on Friday, the eve of long weekend, no one seems to have mood to work. Literally no one. We went to Chinatown for a two hours lunch @ Chuan Garden Restaurant. After lunch, the VPs are pretty much engrossed with the election topics, while I was busy planning for the weekend. I left office at around 7pm and went to Dhoboy Ghaut for dinner @ Café Cartel. It was such an awesome weekend…


Friday Lunch @ Chuan Garden Restaurant - Nyummy & Spicy Food!

… and now that it’s coming to an end, I guess I just have to feel satisfied about these three fully amazing weekends :) There are deadlines next week and I’m expecting hectic weekdays ahead… so…

Come what May!
ED

5 comments:

姍姍 said...

linnnn, forgot to take photo on thursday, hahahaha...

Unknown said...

yess :( :( I brought my camera.. but missed to take pics :( was too enthu to meet all of u that i forgot about the pic things. haha..

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
helios_lie said...

Hmmm. Popeye at $5.90. Coincidentally yeah... I thought I was the one telling you previously. Finding excuse to eat sinful stuff I suppose? =P

Unknown said...

oh ya!! thats true. now i know who to blame for the calories i gained! :p