Sunday, October 19, 2008

I want to learn multitask!

I know that my English is bad, but my conversational English is unbelievably bad! I can’t think of “what” and “how” to talk next at the same time. If I need to make a comment spontaneously, I’ll just spill it out without any grammar.

“She have his dinner, isn’t it?”

Ha, I really shocked to see how many grammar mistakes I can made in such a short sentence. Essentially, I figure out that I’m still converting from my primary language to English. Since my primary language doesn’t have such kinds of complicated rules, I suffer when I need to instantaneously convert it to stricter language form.

It has been more than 4 years since I came to Singapore. It’s funny how I still troubled so much with the language conversion, while it took me less than 2 weeks to get used converting SGD to Rupiah.

This communication thing get even worse when I ought to tell story all in sudden. I felt like fainting every time people asked “so, what you did on weekend?” I would start jumbling my words without any clue of what I’m talking about. To think about the flow, the content, as well as the grammar and intonation at the same time; is simply too much for me…

Am I weird? Yeah, I found out that most people can handle it without any problem. Even like in interrupting or joining a conversation, some people can just do it so nicely while the rest just feel so rude and harsh. I want to be at the first part… T_T But still, here I am suffering in basic communication T_T I really feel bad… For those people who feel this communication thingy just come naturally, please feel blessed…

When I am trying to figure out my problem, one of my friends suggested that I might be a bad multitasking person. I am too focused in one thing, too narrow minded, and can’t adjust to the flow of conversation. Gosh. I figure out that I have a lot of soft skill to learn, really… :(

Never-ending learning,
ED

No comments: