Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Induction Training – Week 5, 6 and the End

After the communication training, our group circle was getting more and more narrowed. Among the GTO itself, we’re being separated between Technology and Operation. For the rest of the two weeks, I was in the same group with four most fabulous people ever! Thanks to their management skill, I passed my two weeks without really bugged by project and exam.. XP


Exceptional team member! p^^q

Right after the “unexpected” exam on Thursday, we went to dockland for dragon boat competition. It was my first time dragon boating… and I must say that it was really fun! It boasted my appetite for the next BBQ session. It was our last get together day… took a lot of pics until around 10 before they continued drinking at other location while I went back and passed off.


Dragon Boat team members!

On the last day of the training, I realized that there were still so many important places that I haven’t visited yet. Right after my class was declared over, I run to Natural History Museum. I intended to spend only one hour there, but I was really too astonished by it.. and finally be there until the place closed at 6. Afterwards, I took train to Baker street, simply to touch down at the place where Sherlock Holmes was realized. In the next 5 mins, I took the tube to King’s Cross station, again, only for the sake of Harry Potter’s Platform 9 ¾. Haha..


Awesome Natural History Museum!


Sitting outside Sherlock Holmes's House :p


Going to Hogwarts

I intended visit our London's office, Shakespeare’s House and Tate Modern, but the time called for dinner and I must end the adventure of the day… T_T I am not a good time keeper after all. Sigh. But I did enjoy my short adventures XP I have my last dinner at Leicester Square, which is the China Town of London. After the fulfilling dinner, I went to the farewell party at Buckingham gate… and finally bid farewell to all of the graduates.

Back to my place, I have one last look before start packing and packing. Time was 3am when I finished packing and rest for the day. I was so sure that I will miss the comfy bed (and yes, I did). I woke up at 6 at the next day, have my shower and breakfast, checked out from City Tower… take train to Heathrow… check in to SIA… and even before I realized it, I reached back SG.

There are few things that I am surely going to remember about London:
- No phone reception once you’re in tube (MRT) station! That was super annoying!
- Expect the tube to be down every weekend
- It’s almost impossible to find dish washing soap except those for dish washing machine liquid
- None of Singapore’s umbrella survive the weather there (China’s does!)
- The fries doesn’t come with chili sauce


Wonder who are buying these chocholates...

Everything that I learn there makes me appreciate Singapore more and more =)

Glad to eat chicken rice again,
ED

No comments: