Thursday, October 23, 2008

I got my new passport…

… but oh, how I missed my old passport :( I have so many memories in it… started with its complicated acquirer, the lucky 07/07 expiring date, the rush of US Visa, the hassle of China Visa, and even the excitement of UK Visa… all of them are buried inside my dear A29**** passport. I repeated those number in so many applications that I believe I will remember it for the rest of my life. How can it just leave me like that?

I went to apply for my new passport this Tuesday. I never knew that they treat passport lost case so seriously that I even had to go through interview! I was being scold to the fact that I lost my passport, being warned that I won’t get a replacement if I lost it again, and being fine $80 for my negligence. Sigh. I had been fine in UK, now again in SG. I hope that I really learn something this time… (please please, this is not an empty wish)

And then… I went to collect my passport on Thursday (2 working days - they are really efficient!) Once I collected it… I hate everything about it! T_T I don’t like the way they cut the photo so big, I don’t like the new number, I don’t like the yellowish book, I don’t like the remark stated as “replacement of lost passport”, I don’t even like the expiry date! Ha… I know that I go a bit too much… but I was quite down at that day, looking at my new empty passport.

Now the passport thing is done, next step will be getting my new employment pass. Wish me luck T_T

Welcome, S38****
ED

4 comments:

qizhi said...

they ask you so many questions cos they must be careful... nowadays there's a lot of passport cloning syndicates around, so they have to find out if you really lost your passport :/

p.s. exam season again :( fortunately you don't have to deal with *THAT* anymore :)

Unknown said...

U're right Ki Chi... I shouldn't think so bad about them.. they were just doing their job >< Thanks for reminding me about it...

I know! This is your last semester of exam right? You must enjoy it to the fulleestt k! Take as many pics as you can, buy as many snack as you want, sleep as late as you like... you surely gonna miss it.. (yeah, at least I am :D)

qizhi said...

i wish that it is my last exam season... but i still have one more sem to go after this... degree audit says i have 21 AU left... :(

heh, i still agree with your advice to sleep more :p

Unknown said...

OMG! Yeah, this is only first semester T_T I'm sorry Ki Chi.. I think I'm really blur.

So many things had happened... It made me thought that it has been one year since i graduated. haha..

If that is the case... then.. yeah! One more exciting semester is waiting for you =D Studying is the best option in this market situation, trust me T_T