After reading all the facts, I didn’t know what else to say. Reading about his background, he supposed to have a bright future. IMO student. President of EEE sport club. Grades above average. Above all the other things. It’s such a big loss, especially for his family. We all experienced that FYP is disastrous. We all know that getting a demanding supervisor can make it worse. But we must also realize that we’re not alone in this FYP world, and this is going to end, sooner or later.
Suddenly feel ashamed of myself for never giving my juniors any advices about FYP.
I hope that this incident will never happen again… and my deepest condolences to David and his family.
God Bless,
ED
6 comments:
It's a shocking news indeed. When I saw it on the newspaper, I thought it was some case in US. But no, it's NTU. Siao.
Saddening :(
On newspaper, Kat? It is really fast!
Yup, I still can't believe this happen in NTU (but if this is to happen in US, it might be revolver instead of knife)
Just really wish this wont happen again ><
i agree it is very tragic...
heard it from straitstimes.com first before everyone told me about it...
it is a pity frustration and stress drives someone to do things like this.
(btw my "word verification" is "smsto" - SMS to pple is a good way to share problems and destress ^^ )
p.s. today's lianhe zaobao refer to him by Chinese name... i wonder how they found it. most indonesians don't use chinese name right?
I saw it on Channel News Asia for the first time when I back from lunch... So stunned that I forgot to take the lift.
Almost all Indonesian Chinese have Chinese name =) We just don't use it so frequently in Indonesia. If you aware, his mother's name is in Chinese too.
argh... the article said that NTU chartered buses for students to pay their last respects at mandai columbarium. i wonder why they never told us in the email... i would have went had i knew. :(
thanks for telling me something new about indon names :)
Post a Comment