Sunday, May 10, 2009

Is it the truth?

Nowadays, it has become an obligation to look for “the other meaning” behind every explicit word and action. You’re naïve if you just believe everything and assume nothing else.

Really, I was a naïve (maybe I still am). I used to believe everything, until the time I heard the same person saying two different things to two different person, and gosh, in so convincing a way!

It makes me doubtful, to think if they really meant whatever they said to me. I started to lost confidence towards myself and still… even if I know what their real thoughts about me are, will it change anything?

Let’s take some similar examples. Your bosses praise you, saying that you’re such a hard worker. Will it make things better if you know they just treat you as a cheap labor? Or when your superior said things to reassure and comfort you, will it be better if you know things are actually worse?

After few weeks in total lost of my own, my answers to all the questions are… no. I was so wanted to know the truth in everything before, but now… I don’t really care. Maybe it’s like I’m living in my own world, but then, worrying too much of what other things doesn’t make thing better. What not just believe that everything is good, until you’re specifically told otherwise? =] however, it doesn’t really mean that you should be ignorant of everything, just that you should not care more from what is necessary.

Ok, just a pen of thought this time. I’m going to end this Vaesak and Mother’s day weekend watching “Push” and wishing my flatmates enjoying their time at Vietman :p

Tired of guessing,
ED

2 comments:

hatjhie said...

Those in marketing or business fields called that Communication Skills :D

Unknown said...

...and those jealous people like me preferred to call them bluffer :p hahahaa...