I hope the week won’t repeat itself later. I can’t believe that I got myself in this kind of overloaded situation :( It’s about time for me to put a stop sign to my boss. It will otherwise getting too much to my personal life and affect my mood in any other things.
Actually, I wont say that my boss is the culprit of all this. Remember the other post where I was confused about being proactive or being work-life balance person? Well I still am. I took some of the work for the opportunity to learn more about other streams. And, it was indeed filling up the missing pieces for me. But then, at what cost is it coming? To what extend I can be ‘proactive’ before all these start eating me?
Let me make it a continuous attempt office at the max at 11pm ok? And let me make a promise to leave office before 8, at least once a week. I don’t want to repeat the same story of staying at office until early 4am in the morning :( Even the taxi driver pitied me.
Last week isn’t a really good week, let’s take a look at the next week. Monday is a public holiday in Germany, Friday is a public holiday in Singapore :D to add more excitement, mum and dad are coming! :D I can’t wait. On the following week, I’ll be moving to Queenstown! :) Closer to home, which also mean.. Less time on transport! I start to feel bored in bus ever since I finished the Lost Symbol couple of weeks back.
Talk about Lost Symbol. I completed the book and felt a bit cheated. The it’s most important point, where it seems like there is no way out for the heroes, the enemy himself asked to be killed!! :( What an anti-climax!! Anyway, similar to the other books, I don’t understand half of the facts told (except for digital fortress. At least it talks about cryptography) I’m looking for next book to read. Recommendation? (best if it comes with the loan. Huahaha cheapo)
Oh, another thing in office. I got assigned as a buddy for a new intern. He is coming from SMU, 3rd year with one year of internship experience in other bank, and… (what am I doing writing out his resume :s)… and anyway, he is an Indonesian! Haha. A guy from Bandung who has been staying in SG since secondary. I checked if he knows any people from our batch, but sadly no common network. Guess we’re all too old for him. He will be here for 10 weeks. I hope his boss can keep him busy (hehe evil)
On Saturday, I finally meet up with Vera again :) She is back from US a couple of weeks back. I still can remember the day when she was about to go.. .we keep saying that one and half year are really long… and now? Within a blink of eyes, she is back :D still as cheerful as before, with an engaged status. I’m wishing you all the best Ver… :)
We had dinner at Marche Restaurant… which was awesome!! The last time I dine there was 5 years ago, and I can’t really remember how was the place like. It has a very homey decoration, woody furniture, with nice spread of European food. The food looks pricy, but I guess it’s still reasonable in the end :) I like the ambiance there. It’s a restaurant where you can chat and talk comfortably without the risk of getting a hate look from other people (though I’m getting couple of warning from the staff for taking pictures)

The decoration displayed on the stairway to the restaurant. The things can move ok!
Ok.. it’s 6pm and I’m already starving! Time to go for a dinner.. and hopefully a movie before sleep. I want to finish the princess and the frog movie!
Looking forward for next week,
ED
No comments:
Post a Comment