New iPhone was unveiled this week. I was kind of disappointed the moment I heard about the word “4S”. I knew it means there is no change in the phone design :( I was wishing that they would remove the home button. It’s the only thing that I thought would be better without.
The next day, I went to office getting ready to complain about the iPhone, while suddenly, I heard the even bigger news – Steve Jobs has passed away. My heart skipped a beat when my colleagues told me that… how is it possible? There has been no news about his condition, and all in sudden what we heard is his death! I didn’t even get a chance to pray for his recovery :( I went through the denial stage, anger, before in the end come to acceptance. Steve, thank you for all your creations. I don’t think I need to say more than that. There are million of webpages dedicated for him. Reading through his biography, I know he is the example of someone living life to the fullest.
Days in office have been gloomy. I hate my situation of uncertainty. Different bosses gave me different expectation and I don’t even know whom am I supposed to escalate to. The best resolution I guess is to act busy – blaming boss A to boss B while complaining about boss B to boss A… :p Of course, that has to be used with discretionary, and it doesn’t always work. Next week, my boss and colleague in Germany will be on leave. They conveniently put me as the delegate for all their meetings!!! I checked my next week calendar’s and I’m pretty much convinced that I won’t be touching my bed before midnight.
 |
| One of Ah Loy's Signature Dish - Fried Calamari - soft and nyummy! |
On Friday, I sneaked out from office at 7pm for a dinner with friends at Ah Loy Thai Restaurant. Boy, the food was awesome! Everything was so delicious I can’t even tell which one is my favorite. Thanks Helios for the recommendation :D Would love to go there again if possible. Weird thing is, the restaurant closed at 8.15pm, which is super early for Singapore’s restaurant standard.
After dinner, we spent the rest of the evening with TV series “Big Bang Theory” and movie “Friends with Benefit” starring Justin Timberlake. The movie was not bad~ I like how Marcell from HIMYM was featured there :p After movie, we slept at around 3am.
Saturday morning, I forced myself awake at 10.30pm. If only I don’t have a wedding to attend… duh! I showered, had a quick lunch, and then went off to Bukit Batok. I went by Taxi as I thought the ceremony will start at 1pm sharp... but then… it started only at 2.15pm! =___=’’ Give me back my $10! Haha.. I met WK there, as well as other friends I knew of. Thankfully, I thought I would be all alone :) I tagged with WK for most of the time, and he has to introduce me as “Hi, this is my friend, Erlin, but NOT my girlfriend” =___=’’ Sounds weird but it works. I also met up with Alvin and Ai… it has been awhile.. and I’m quite surprised to know ALL of them are already engaged and looking for wedding next year. Man! I better start saving up now for red pockets.
 |
| The happy couple - Yudi & Farica, watching the dragon dance |
The ceremony took around an hour. It finished at 3.30pm, and then continued with photo taking and dragon dance. It was around 4.00pm when we finally went down to the foyer for high tea. Oh yeah, the food was satisfactory :p I had 2 helpings, then said congratulations to the happy couple, then left for… dinner ^^;
 |
| The awesome spread of goodness |
It was 5.45pm as I reached City Hall. A bit early, but it wasn’t a long wait as the rest of them reached on time at 6.00 pm. Kudos, ladies! We went to Raffles City, wandering at the basement looking for restaurant, and finally settled for… Thai Express. (Two thai dinner in a row!) Nice food, comfy private couch, refreshing drink, great companies – we chatted until around 9.30 when we realized that the restaurant is closing ^^; We parted after a nice cup of Gong Cha. It was around 11pm when I reached back home. I slept after watching some short clips in clicknetwork.
 |
| Ladies Night with SCEians :) :) |
Sunday, I woke up at 9am, and then went off for badminton at Clementi. I thought I would be on time at least this time… but it was 10.20am when I reached the court +_+ the indoor stadium was quite crowded, there was basketball tournament happening and hence the badminton courts are squeezed to only 2 lines instead of 3. We finished at 12.00, showered, had pig organ soup for lunch, then went back home.
I felt sleepy when I reached back home, but decided not to nap.
Inche and I planned to go for shopping, but I backed down last minutes… for good reason :p In exchange, I will go with my rommie for a jog at around 5pm :)
RIP, Steve, you are missed,
ED
2 comments:
Erlin, if you felt that somebody is following you, upon entering the elevator, punch for other floor and from there, take the staircase either up or down to your flat
Thanks, Gung! When I read the first few words, I thought you're going to ask me to punch the guy. Hahaha!
Post a Comment