Recently, I felt left out in the office. After the recent arrangement, I become the only team member in Singapore; while the rest are based in headquarter. Slowly but sure, there are lots of things happening which I wasn’t aware of, and the discussion in team calls started to become alien to me :( I felt frustrated as I sent mail asking for support but never get responded. Even in the team call I was never able to get much of airtime. They know hardly 10% of what I’m doing in Singapore. This new arrangement really made me questioned my own importance in the team. Why would I work until 11pm if they don’t even know I’m working, and don’t even care what I’m doing?
I shared my frustration with my colleagues and they reminded me on the point taught in my training couple of weeks back. I can blame anyone as much as I want, but in the end it’s myself who is responsible for my career. They suggest me to either request for weekly one-to-one call with my new boss, or do share with her my task lists of the week so she knows what I’m on. I found that really implementable, and will see how it works for me in couple of weeks from now :) This is my first time having lady boss again after more than 2 years!
Anyway, here is how I spent the rest of my week:
Monday – wake up as usual, it was raining as usual, and I was surprised to know that my Singapore's boss was already on leave (I thought it was on Thursday!) My initial reaction was to call him up to discuss on some pending topics, but after second thoughts, I don’t really want to bother him… So in the end I took the decision and intended to update him once he is back – Que Sera Sera. I had my Monday exercise and left office at 7pm (yes I typed it right). Glen and I went to Spize for a dinner with Ifnu & his wife. Baggi, Sapna, and Venkat joined the dinner as well. We chatted until around 10.15pm before finally calling it a day. Glen cursed me in and out as the cafĂ© location was really remote for him, while it’s just 15 mins away from my flat… Oh well, I owe him a lunch.
Tuesday – I went to office, not really motivated, but managed to run through all the back-to-back calls scheduled. I finished at 6pm, and then went for a quick jog. I had not much energy to work after back from jogging, so I went back at around 8.30pm. Managed to get the last shuttle bus to Red Hill, buy some bread (3 for $3), take it for dinner, shower, and went to bed after finishing one season of “IT Crowd”
Wednesday – It was raining again, and I had my favorite hotpot. Again I had back-to-back calls from 2pm to 7pm. I intended to stay late, but I wasn’t really in good mood, which means I wasn’t able to work efficiently anyway. Top up with the fact that there are not many people left in the office, I in the end decided to have a dinner along with friends at Pondok Rasa, Bugis. I felt so much better after the nice medanese dinner + desserts, and feel ready to face the work again tomorrow. Sometimes laugh and friends are all you need =) Back home, I went browsing… I realized that blogger have new templates for blog, and accidentally deleted my template while trying out the new templates =___=’’ So.. Here I’m with a new template skin… first time without a proper plan. Sigh!
Thursday – is the 4th day in ta row that I had difficulty to sleep soundly. My body felt warm and I kept waking up at night. My head felt heavy and I wasn’t really able to clear my mind. The week has passed pretty slowly. I went to office with my usual exercise gears… but in the end realized that I forgot my shirt!! T_T No run for the day. My last call ends at 10pm, and I continued to work until 12am. No pain no gain. All for a better Friday. Back home, I didn't feel like sleeping, so I finished the IT crowd session 4 before putting myself to bed.
TGIF – I went to office earlier and get my things done. I need to present it to the team before sending it further out. Meeting was set since couple of days back and everyone agreed to participate. Last minutes, they decided to ditch my presentation and asked me to reschedule one for next week. They conveniently delay my project for one week!!! That too was being done through a messenger. Again the feeling of being “unimportant” hits me hard :( I decided to act ignorant and went to enjoy my weekend.
It was Sapna’s belated birthday celebration, and we went to Little India for dinner. It was an Indian Chinese Restaurant, but seems to serve more chinese food than Indian food (Singapore-Chinese-Indian food as how Baggi called it). The fried rice was really good and reminds me of Indo’s. We dine and chat until around 11pm, then took mrt home after 15 mins of unsuccessful attempt of getting taxi.
The time was 12am when I reached Queenstown MRT. I walked to my flat as usual. All in sudden, I noticed a shadow following me from behind. I looked back, saw a suspicious guy, and my nerve tensed up. I walked faster, crossed the road, took the staircase, and in the end I can still see the shadow behind me at the near distance. I started to panic. What happen if he joined me at the same lift? Alas, as I looked around; I can’t see anyone else at the neighborhood. I increased my walking speed to max (almost small run), and as I reached the lift, I made a brave look back – the guy wasn’t around. I quickly entered the lift and hit my floor’s button. Thanks God nothing really happen. I was quite surprised that I can actually get so scared. It’s not the first time I went back late at night ^^;
Saturday, I woke up at 10am, played my Surviving High School game, did my house chores, then went to Chinatown for Korea’s trip briefing. I was late for 15 mins and had to wait for the next briefing session T_T The briefing was quite typical. Weather to be projected around 10 – 19 C, plug type is similar to Indonesia’s plug. The weird thing is – some of the hotels at Korea didn’t provide toilet amenities! We’re encouraged to bring our own shampoo, body wash, and tooth brush =__=’’ After the briefing, I paid the rest of the travel fee, then went for late lunch at Suntec.
Ari and I went to TCC. Out of curiosity, I tried out its High Tea set, which turned out to be really good (and value for money too! :p) After the lunch slash high tea, we went to do some shopping at Suntec City. It was soon 7pm and I set to Changi for someone special :) It’s really amazing to see how Changi evolves every time I go. They have opened so many restaurants (KFC is also there!!!) and it becomes quite a challenge to decide on a dinner. We finally settled down for Killiney Kopitiam for quick dinner before we go home. It was 10.30 when we reached. I showered and slept at 3 after waiting 3 hours for iOS5 download =__= (and now it's restoring all my 15 GB musics.. it will take the whole night!)
OK. Shall cut the blog post now that he is back :D Going to sleep now for badminton later!
Hi, iOS5!
ED
I shared my frustration with my colleagues and they reminded me on the point taught in my training couple of weeks back. I can blame anyone as much as I want, but in the end it’s myself who is responsible for my career. They suggest me to either request for weekly one-to-one call with my new boss, or do share with her my task lists of the week so she knows what I’m on. I found that really implementable, and will see how it works for me in couple of weeks from now :) This is my first time having lady boss again after more than 2 years!
Anyway, here is how I spent the rest of my week:
Monday – wake up as usual, it was raining as usual, and I was surprised to know that my Singapore's boss was already on leave (I thought it was on Thursday!) My initial reaction was to call him up to discuss on some pending topics, but after second thoughts, I don’t really want to bother him… So in the end I took the decision and intended to update him once he is back – Que Sera Sera. I had my Monday exercise and left office at 7pm (yes I typed it right). Glen and I went to Spize for a dinner with Ifnu & his wife. Baggi, Sapna, and Venkat joined the dinner as well. We chatted until around 10.15pm before finally calling it a day. Glen cursed me in and out as the cafĂ© location was really remote for him, while it’s just 15 mins away from my flat… Oh well, I owe him a lunch.
| Cheese Fries - The loveliest Finger Food ever Created |
Wednesday – It was raining again, and I had my favorite hotpot. Again I had back-to-back calls from 2pm to 7pm. I intended to stay late, but I wasn’t really in good mood, which means I wasn’t able to work efficiently anyway. Top up with the fact that there are not many people left in the office, I in the end decided to have a dinner along with friends at Pondok Rasa, Bugis. I felt so much better after the nice medanese dinner + desserts, and feel ready to face the work again tomorrow. Sometimes laugh and friends are all you need =) Back home, I went browsing… I realized that blogger have new templates for blog, and accidentally deleted my template while trying out the new templates =___=’’ So.. Here I’m with a new template skin… first time without a proper plan. Sigh!
![]() |
| My New "Template" Blog Skin T_T |
TGIF – I went to office earlier and get my things done. I need to present it to the team before sending it further out. Meeting was set since couple of days back and everyone agreed to participate. Last minutes, they decided to ditch my presentation and asked me to reschedule one for next week. They conveniently delay my project for one week!!! That too was being done through a messenger. Again the feeling of being “unimportant” hits me hard :( I decided to act ignorant and went to enjoy my weekend.
It was Sapna’s belated birthday celebration, and we went to Little India for dinner. It was an Indian Chinese Restaurant, but seems to serve more chinese food than Indian food (Singapore-Chinese-Indian food as how Baggi called it). The fried rice was really good and reminds me of Indo’s. We dine and chat until around 11pm, then took mrt home after 15 mins of unsuccessful attempt of getting taxi.
| The food so good that I want to keep the Restaurant name a secret :D |
Saturday, I woke up at 10am, played my Surviving High School game, did my house chores, then went to Chinatown for Korea’s trip briefing. I was late for 15 mins and had to wait for the next briefing session T_T The briefing was quite typical. Weather to be projected around 10 – 19 C, plug type is similar to Indonesia’s plug. The weird thing is – some of the hotels at Korea didn’t provide toilet amenities! We’re encouraged to bring our own shampoo, body wash, and tooth brush =__=’’ After the briefing, I paid the rest of the travel fee, then went for late lunch at Suntec.
| TCC High Tea Set - SGD 12.90++ |
| Changi with Deevapali's decoration |
Hi, iOS5!
ED

1 comment:
love ur new template...
looks very 'clean' hehehe
since u very often go home late, be more careful pls...
how about asking ur flatmate to pick u in MRT :)
Post a Comment