Sunday, October 23, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Another week has come and gone. I'm glad that my mood is back to normal and I didn't spend my week counting days. Weekend comes before I realized it (and now it's almost gone before I noticed, too).

On Monday, I received the weekly 1-1 meeting invitation with my boss in Germany, even before I have to request for one! Voila. I was so glad that I accepted the invite with thanks. She must be thinking that I'm meeting-holic. (I just hope that she didn't schedule it because she read my blog). Other than that, I had my Monday routine: felt a bit blue, planned my schedule for the rest of the week, then ended my day with a dinner at Anchor Point.

On Tuesday, things start to get crazy. In fact, I can't really remember what happened from Tuesday to Thursday. Just lot of calls and discussions and almost no time for real work. I reached back home at 11pm and just threw myself to bed after shower. There were no jogging nor yoga this week - weather has been wet and my yoga instructor is on holiday. Ah, it was Dad's b'day on Wednesday and I'm glad to hear his healthy voice =) Wish you wonderful healthy years ahead, Dad. Love you.

Friday was the birthday of the two twins in our office (quoting Adelene: One is made in China and one is made in Singapore). We went to Thai Accent for lunch, and I was in for a sweet surprise. Sabrina was there as our GOH! Ha. I didn't even know that she is in Singapore. Even better, she is starting work in Singapore from next week onwards. Wew, how time flies...

After lunch, I went back and drowned by my usual calls until 7pm, then started to get calls from Glen and Baggi and Sapna asking where I was. I rushed out of office and went to Holland V (Cha, cha, cha) through Labrador Park Circle Line (first time!). I was at Buona Vista when I suddenly felt that something is missing. It took me another minute to realize that I.... forgot to bring Glen's Birthday Gift!!! T___T How can someone go to a b'day party yet forgot to bring a gift for that person T_T I worked really bad under pressure T_T I almost went back to office to get the gift, but then they assured that it's ok... In the end I got teased by Glen all night long.. Oh well. Lucky the food was good so it was worthy of the embarrassment :p

Happy Birthday Uncle Glen @ Cha, Cha, Cha - Holland V
I went back home at around 11.00, then settled down for "Hangover II", before sleeping at around 1.30am.. Weekend!!

Saturday, I was on total shutdown until 11.00am. Once awake, I showered, then we both went to Vivocity for Long John's Silver lunch (for the sake of utilizing some coupons ^^;) It was my second time having Long John's, and I'm yet to find anything which can make me go back for more. After lunch, I went around hunting for jacket, and finally fell in love with one from Uniqlo. They come in so many different color - white, grey, choc, pink, purple, black, etc. After hundreds of tries, I finally settled for purple :)

From Vivocity, we moved to Chinatown. I exchanged some Korean Won for next week's trip. Who knows that Won is almost similar with Rupiahs? After the exchange, I became a millioner and my bag suddenly felt so much heavier. We spent the rest of the day walking around Chinatown, then took our dinner at one of the restaurant before going back home.

Night, we watched "The Smurf" - which I realized in the end - was totally for kid =__='' I still love seeing Barney (HIMYM) and Ema (Glee) in the movie though :) So, no regret.

Sunday, I woke up by morning call and went for Badminton at Lake side. The location was ok, but I swear I will never take shower there again. The water was as sharp as needle punching through your body T_T After lunch, we went back home, and I spent the rest of my day browsing, playing iPhone games, and picking some pictures for mum and dad. Oh, we also started watching the new TV episodes "How to be a gentleman". The title sounds nice but well, the episodes don't seem to get lot of compliment so far.

For dinner, we went to Tiong Bahru's Soup spoon with Helios. I went for Cream Chowder Bread Bowl... and boy, that was filling! We were discussing about what to do with remaining day-offs for the year, and I'm yet to find answer for mine. After a quick fruit shopping at Fair Price, we went back home and enjoying the last bit of weekend before it ends. 

Now I guess I'm ready for "What's your number" :D There have been quite a lot of romantic comedy these days. I watched "Crazy Stupid Love" and "Friends with Benefits" recently, and now there is a new one coming up "One Day. Does it relate with the wedding seasons?

It will be a short week next week and I can't wait! It's only one week for my family trip and my parents' visa are not out yet *panicking* Anyway, Happy Deepavali for those who celebrating :)
ED

1 comment:

helios_lie said...

Wedding season Lin =P (--> Lirik Winson )