Saturday, January 05, 2013

Herlina’s Visit @ The Maritime Experiential Museum & S.E.A Aquarium @ Marine Life Park

Herlina and I were sisters back in High School. At least that’s how we always introduced ourselves, and most people did believe in it. How not, we looked a like and our name is so similar! XD

It has been so long since the last time we met – I think 6 years ago during her graduation. This time around, she is here in Singapore for holiday and we got a chance to hangout together!! :D At Marine Life Park!

I have to thanks Jess for planning such a nice gathering place. Marine Life Park opened late last year, and there has been so much of marketing (including the bad one on dolphin case) that I was really curious to find out more about it.

We reached the place at around 3pm and proceed to get the ticket directly. The ticketing officer warned us that about the 20 mins waiting time to enter the aquarium, which none of us bothered.

Ok, less talk, more pics - lets the story begin!

Our Ticket! No mention of Marine Life Park / Museum - I was worried that I bought the wrong ticket. 
The Free areas before entering the museum - the whole museum is like a big ship!
It's a story about the pirates of the east! Looks more like kungfu master for me
The museum was nicely split into 8 themes covering 8 trading port in different country! This is for Qui Nhon, Vietnam!
Mini ship floating around! looks really cool :)
Group Pics @ Calicut, India!
I think this is Malindi, Kenya - don't really care so long as we get nice shots!
Taken while queuing for the S.E.A entrance. Kind of remind us of the movie "Life of Pi" 

After the museum, we proceed to the ground floor for the entrance to Aquarium. The queue was snaking long and we were prepared to queue for half an hour. Surprisingly, we managed to go in after 5 mins! I haven't even finished snapping pics. I forgot to keep my tickets ready and spend two mins at the front queue digging my bag for ticket +__+

S.E.A Aquarium! Here we come!
Look! There is fish! and here, and more! So close I feel like little mermaid
I think the fishes were decent, but the decoration and lighting made it looks really stunning
Sea Jelly! Looks so mesmerising and dangerous at the same time
and here... the Open Ocean - World Largest window to the ocean
The whole ocean habitants looks really grand! Totally awed!
Group pic at one of the side window! :p
I thought all these pretty views are only in movies
Colourful fishes and coral! Not sure if the corals are real?
I just couldn't stop taking pics of the awesome view XD
How did they manage to keep the water so clean?

After the whole awesome views, we exited to the souvenir shop, selling all sort of sea creatures. I love the dolphin!

Dolphin Pen's Holder
We wandered around for another 10 mins before proceeding for ramen dinner :D Had fun chatting and catching up! :D

Dinner @ Ajisen
After the dinner, I was tired and decided to go home, while they continued the tour at Orchard. I was really glad to meet Herlina, and a chance to bump to hometown people! hehe.. Linda, I will go and find you when I go back to hometown!

Wish Herlina and Linda an enjoyable touring,
ED

No comments: