The recess is over.. And I can say that I was stressed up most during those time ^^;.. hahaha.. So many things to be completed.. and so many new things coming over. One of them is the IA interview. Happy, for sure, as I was sortlisted for the interview. But, in few hours, I realized that I need to squeeze at least one day for the interview preparation on Tuesday, while I’ll be having accounting quiz on Wednesday (which I can’t help to study earlier due to lab project and First Aid course).. As I was confused, some of my 303 team asked me what to do on the task.. although we have just divided the task in the morning… answering them.. trying to clear the doubt.. and I lost my chance to study the C#... That night, Thursday, 28th September.. I had the worst stress case ><.. so sorry for all the victims.. Rizky, Yongky, Imam, Ari, Calvin, Peko… And thanks roommate for cheering me up.. although you might not realize it.. :P
Ok.. so.. the recess passed. IA interview was on Tuesday. The interviewer was mentioned to be Alfonsius. Sound Indonesian.. who is he? Fact comes to fact; he is the one who had IA at apple 4 years ago before me!! I mentioned about him in last blog.. but I never know that he will be my interviewer. It’s really a small world after all. Hahaha.. So, tuesday morning, I wake up at 6.. the panda eyes haven’t really recovered.. but I can’t do nothing about it.. haha.. (So so sleepy. .i really couldn't open my eyes when I was brushing my teeth. ^^;) have a great breakfast.. then set off to Ang mo kio. Reach Yio Chu Kang at 8.30.. then got lost for several times before I eventually met Made and CK (so they worked at Motorola..) and followed them taking the bus 70 =___=… when will I be able to have sense of direction? It’s getting worse and worse. ><..
After few bus stop, eventually saw the big logo of Apple. Went down, entered the company.. then I saw that Motorola just beside it. Ohoo.. really neighbor. Haha.. Go through main enterance.. then amazed by the office.. It’s such a cooooll office ^^.. The same elegant feeling as if we enter the apple shop. Haha.. I reached there at 9.. there are already 2 people there. One is Bai Jian, IT officer during FOA.. and another one is.. umm.. his friend. Huahaha.. Can’t remember his name ><.. but he said that he saw me during the redcross orientation. He is from ISP side. Ohh.. ic. ^^;.. Not long after, Alfonsius eventually turned out. Shake hand shake hand.. then he commented that I come too early.. (don’t dare to say that I got lost so frequent that I need to have buffer) Bai jian was interviewed first. Then his friend. Then me. Then Imam. That’s it. Only 4 of us, 2 singaporean from Com Eng, and 2 indonesian from Com Science.. and there are only 2 vacancies available.. goosh.. so afraid >.<.. What question they give? Well.. alfonsius didn’t ask much.. but I was confused enough when answering his question.. first question to me is: “you like design and programming.. which u like most?” aaa… I never expected this kind of question. Hahaha.. Then I just answer properly (hopefully proper enough).. Then more questions were shot “What kind of design you like?” “What you know about database design?” “what database you use?” after some.. the next people began to question to.. “What is software development cycle?” “planning is important. Why?” “what is more important, documentation or coding?” “what is your level of commitment?” “why you choose Apple?” until after the first 10 minutes.. one question shock me, “From your resume, I see that you’re more as team player. Too bad, we’re looking for individualist programmer. How can you convince us that you’re actually also competent as individualist programmer too?” Shocked. Why? Because it’s really stated in the requirement, that they need a team player. Thus, of course, all the way I have planned my interview to work towards the orientation of “team player”. Then.. all in sudden? And I was really suspicious to answer “what you like more? An individual project or team project?” I still try to give my best answer.. and until we came to the end of the interview.. “Why you think we should choose you? What is distinct about you, except that you’re the only female here?” They questioned it, grinning.
When I finished the interview, my level of confidence dropped by half. However, over is over. That’s what Baijian and his friend said to conform me. Yeep.. it’s true =).. So.. let’s just wait for the result on December! Huahaha.. After 4 of us finished, we took taxi to mrt (due to heavy rain).. then went back to NTU.. and followed AI and Programming language lecture without any lecture notes ^^;..
Preparing for Accounting Quiz!
Erlin.D
No comments:
Post a Comment