Sunday, August 17, 2008

Moving...?

No no, I'm not moving home again. haha.. This time, I am thinking of moving my blog to:

http://erlindiana.wordpress.com/

All the setup is done... But I'm still hesitating. The reason of my sudden decision are:
1. People kept telling me that Wordpress is better
2. Wordpress has the password-thingy.. which I might need as I start working life. Reading through my blog again, I realized that I have written some issues that might have hurt people in some ways. Taking this opportunity, I wanted to apologize.. Of course, I never mean to hurt anyone... T_T

However, I experienced that Wordpress loads pretty slow... and has no personalization capability... on top of those, what is the reason of posting something online if u want to protect it? The safest way is to keep it offline.

Will think through it again and see how thing goes. Any opinion will be highly appreciated! :p

Happy Birthday, Indonesia!!
ED

7 comments:

qizhi said...

i agree with your "keep it offline if you want it private" comment. an exception can be made if you're forgetful though... =.=

Unknown said...

Ki Chi! So long since your previous update! You have been keeping things offline? hahaha...

Haha... You're right.. actually my very first reason of creating this blog is to handle my brain forgetfulness... XP

lee2 said...

Hey, I am moving my blog also ahaha..
has written some posts, but havent officially "launched" the blog lol
dunno why i prefer wordpress, the tempate is so simple, yet I love it ...

Keeping it offline?
Sometimes you want to post something that is public for your friends but still private for certain ppl mah =p

Unknown said...

@lee

Haaa.. what is the link? let me know let me know, I need to update the link =D =D haha.. no wonder that your blogspot goes so many months without update =.='

I think about the "half private thing" like what u mention as well... but as long as we post it out, there is always a possibility that people can copy, paste, and distribute it to other, can't they...? That's hard to control T_T *go a bit psycho

qizhi said...

ah erlin... thx for reminding me to update my own blog... hehe

i dunno why i dun like to post so often now... maybe cos "brevity is the soul of wit" :o)

Anonymous said...

You can passwords-protect your Blogger blog too eh?

But wordpress.com doesn't have so many themes to choose for unlike Blogger. :P

Unknown said...

@ wiehanne

blogger blog can be put private, but it's either none of all post, unlike the password protection of wordpress. haha...

Yess!! we can't edit the wordpress css freely... that's the only limitation ><

(it's indeed not easy to get the best of everything from something free :p hahaha...)